Sent in my Galaxy S6 for repair (Purple dot on front camera/battery)

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello.

I just wanted to share my experience so far with my Galaxy S6.

I bought the phone a while back ago, over 4 months for sure.

Around last month a purple dot/speck started showing up in front camera pics, which is weird because it hadn't happen before (I actually think it has something to do with heat, I went to the pool and it was in a purse for a while... before that never had the purple dot/speck)

and ever since I bought my phone I've been only getting around 2:30 - 3:00 of SoT when other people on this forum is getting up to 7 hours. YES I followed all the battery guides. YES I ran it Stock (factory reset after the 5.1.1 update) for 1 WEEK and saw NO IMPROVEMENT! (then I disabled all the apps I could STILL without downloading any apps for 3 days)

I called to samsung customer service, a nice lady answered the phone. Walked me thru everything I needed to do. (I emailed them a while back ago about this and they said try factory reseting/deleting apps etc, she never said anything of the sort) I was emailed a Shipping Label and instructions to draw a number she gave me on 3 sides of the box.

I shipped it yesterday, it should be there tomorrow, I will update this post as I get more info back.

If the battery DOES NOT get fixed, I got a ebay email saying they'll add $100 to whatever I sell my phone for so I paid $600 if I can get anywhere between $400/$500 for it ill be happy. (selling for $300/$400 )

If the battery does give me over 4 hours of SoT, I will happily keep my phone. I love mostly everything about it. The camera is fantastic, the screen is amazing, the fingerprint scanner is quick, it's thin and slick and I love that I don't have on screen buttons.

Wish me luck

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good luck! There are many different factors that can affect battery life. For example, if you have generally poor cell signal, the phone will use more battery trying to latch onto that signal. You could try seeing how the battery is for an entire day with the phone set to Airplane Mode (which I realize is kind of impractical, but it may tell you why the battery life isn't very good).

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Good luck! There are many different factors that can affect battery life. For example, if you have generally poor cell signal, the phone will use more battery trying to latch onto that signal. You could try seeing how the battery is for an entire day with the phone set to Airplane Mode (which I realize is kind of impractical, but it may tell you why the battery life isn't very good).

Believe me I tried EVERYTHING.

I actually went to a friends house and stood 2 days, had full bars and was getting 30MB signal down and still had the same problem. Then I bought a prepaid phone and took the sim out and put it in airplane mode. guess what? lost 2% with no apps running in 20 minutes. Something is obviously wrong with the phone

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: I wasn't getting any emails from them so I decided to "track my service" and the whole website just endlessly loops to the front or my personal page. tried for 20 minutes from phone to laptop and no success. Opened a chat window and they told me there was a lock on the phone and they would have to send it backfor me to remove the lock and then send it back to them so I closed the chat window and called them.

(when I spoke to the lady I asked 2 or 3 times what do I need to do because I have never sent in a phone for repair before. She told me just remove my fingerprint lock and power down the phone)

Called and explained to one guy and he told me I cannot give then my password over the phone they would have to send it to me again. I told him this was my business phone and u have no time to keep sending it in I need it for work so he transfered me to the actual people fixing the phone. Explained to a lady who put me on hold for 3-4 minutes and after a man picked up the phone. they told me they need the lock removed so they can reset the whole phone (I asked the lady if I need to back up the phone she said no just remove sim card) and I explained to him again I need it for business and he told me they'll just repair the phone without using software/flashing anything. then when I asked about the battery cause apparently this lady told me she will note it down he said there's nothing in the computer about the battery either.

So all is fixed now (hopefully) and they are replacing my Front Camera and Battery.

I will update with any other info I get

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
after being on the phone for 1 hour today they still shipped the phone without fixing it even though they said they WAS going to fix it. So basically I am screwed unless I RESEND it. Last Samsung product I ever buy

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
after being on the phone for 1 hour today they still shipped the phone without fixing it even though they said they WAS going to fix it. So basically I am screwed unless I RESEND it. Last Samsung product I ever buy
Same here. They had my phone for 19 whole days.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, I first want to apologize for leaving this post for so long without updates. I was on vacation on business and I don't really like typing to long on my phone so i'm finally back to my laptop.

Now lets get started.

the last post I made was about them not being able to fix it and sending the phone back, so after a few days of getting more and more angry with the phone I decided to call again (by the way each phone call is atleast 20 minutes because the people that answer make you explain again and again and again why you are calling even tho it shows up in the notes) and a supervisor told me to download a "samsung +" app on my phone and call the support from that app because he wasn't allowed to give me a number to the "big guys"

Once I called, I stood another 1 hour and 30 minutes+ explaining the story and telling them that I cannot make time to send my phone in again and be without it for no more than 3 days, they "understood" and made a order to replace my phone at my expense. (which i think is very rude and unprofessional for a long time samsung fan buying their TV's tablets phones etc not to mention a multi million dollar company) and I was all fine with spending $28 to replace my phone, I was either gonna be happy cause I didn't have a defective phone anymore OR sell it and buy something else.

But then she told me that they would have to put a $431.xx hold on my Credit Card, which at the time I was so fed up and angry I just decided to say yes and do it, but then I got "Cold Feet" I believe the term is? I bought my Verizon Galaxy S6 from best buy for $599.99+ tax because I didn't want to wait for shipping to get a factory unlocked phone AND if I didn't get the phone that day my money would've probably went on something else, the reason I bought from best buy was because it was Unlocked. I've been using T-Mobile since the day I got it, never once have I had Verizon service in it. So I called back and asked 2 questions, 1 was would the replacement they would be sending me be unlocked and 2 my phone is nowhere near condition. I do some heavy work and my phone does have scratches on it and marks so I figured ask about the that just incase.

They told me they would send me a Verizon Locked phone, not unlocked. AND if my phone had any "heavy" damage it they would charge my card the $431.xx AND keep the unit I sent back. so somehow the my $600 phone turned into a $1000 phone if they decided my phone wasn't in good enough condition I guess to be re-sold or something.

So I called back and stood on the phone another hour to cancel the service order, once I did that it took OVER 8 DAYS TO REMOVE THE HOLD! and I'm more than sure IF I DIDN'T CALL AND COMPLAIN THAT THE HOLD WAS STILL THERE it would've never been removed.

(Bonus points: when you call and are waiting for someone they play advertisements for the Galaxy S5 and smartbands/products from last year which is super annoying, and they're "service tracking feature" or any self checking for your order from a phone/laptop DOES NOT WORK. I REPEAT DOES NOT WORK)

So after all of this I decided to give one last phone call, I spoke to a "Advanced Tech Support" and they overnighted my phone back to them, supposedly put my phone first in line to be fixed. it's been there since tuesday (shipped on monday) and they haven't called me, emailed me or anything about the status of my phone (heck I had to call them just to make sure they received it)

In the mean time, I went on ebay and got myself a truly unlocked Galaxy S6 G920i BRAND NEW for exactly $429.99 (no tax) and i don't have any more problems with the phone (dropping calls if I got another call while on a call, have to constantly put on airplane mode to make my data start working again)

Moral of the story, samsung support sucks, (well why would you buy another galaxy s6 then? because it was worth $30-$60 for a fully unlocked S6 not under verizon branding assuming i sell my fixed unit when it comes back for $370-$400)

I've learned 2 things thru this process. no matter how much money a company makes they will not help you even if your phone has a faulty battery and camera (defective unit?) and 2. Never buy a verizon branded phone even if it's unlocked.

If any of you have any questions feel free to ask. and also sorry if my english/grammar isn't the best. It's not my first language

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
So I called AGAIN today to see what's going on because my phone was promised back to me anywhere from Friday to Tuesday the latest.

When I called just now they lost the phone, so they put me on hold and found it and then sent me an email confirmation that the phone as been received. I was very angry, furious you could say because they are making it look like its OK and that it was an honest mistake and everything's good to go. But I refuse to be treated like this. They've made too many promises and broken them I deserve better than that.

So I argued and argued until they connected me to the President of the Samsung support I was talking to and he didn't answer so I left a message (why even connect me to him if he's not gonna answer?)

I am requesting a refund because this is definitely not acceptable. I needed my phone back because its a business phone and they just don't seem to care. Hopefully I will get my $599.99 I paid for it and never have to deal with them again. IF NOT I will do as I said above I'm another post

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's a crazy experience! The one good thing about iPhones is apple will fix or replace a broken one no questions asked as long as its within the one year warranty

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo