Which Samsung galaxy s6 colour should I opt for?

saurabhbhatta

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys
I'm looking to buy a S6. Wondering which colour should I go for? Slightly inclined towards gold.
And should I use a case or a skin? Don't really like using a case on a nice looking phone..

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Get the one you like the most.

Cases can give you a peace of mind with some protection. Search around in the accessories subforum to get ideas of different available cases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree but black sapphire is nice. I wanted the platinum gold but it wasn't available at pre-order at Best Buy.

Cases are all about preferences but remember you get what you pay for and that Gorilla Glass 4 is shatter resistant not shatter proof. If you are an occasional klutz like me, a rugged case would be good. Used rugged cases on my smartphones which emerge pristine at resale time.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
While I really like my sapphire the gold is surprisingly very awesome looking so I'd personally go with it. But if you put a case on it, much like me it honestly doesn't really matter as it'll be covered.

Mike McQuaid

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
None. Wait for some more new phones to come out. My S6 is the absolute worst phone I've ever had, battery sucks, Bluetooth won't stay connected. I've already sent it back to Samsung to have it looked at/repaired. Once I get it back, I will be selling it. Currently using my Google Play Edition HTC One M8, much more solid phone than the S6, sure the S6 is fast and had an incredible display, but since I have to keep battery saving mode on,I can't really take advantage of it. Even with power saving on, I have to charge twice a day (that is starting with a full charge) without batter saving on, I'm charging at least three times.

It's an AT&T one (but I have the carrier provided unlock code, as I bought the phone out right) 64 GB, in white.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys
I'm looking to buy a S6. Wondering which colour should I go for? Slightly inclined towards gold.
And should I use a case or a skin? Don't really like using a case on a nice looking phone..

Read through the postings on the forum for almost any phone, and you'll find plenty of posts from folks opting for no or thin case (and ironically no insurance), then they drop them, and come to the forums asking what their options are. If you can afford the $700 or so to replace a phone if you drop it, then by all means pick your favorite color and don't put a decent case on it such as the Otterbox Defender. Or do the sensible thing, buy any color, then exercise your artistic side by picking the color of a decent case. The nice thing is that you can change the case color whenever you want by buying additional cases.

Alex Torres5

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
If it is possible for your location and/or carrier go for the galaxy s6 in blue topaz. It is beautiful 😍!!! And case not skin. there are cases that don't add any bulk and keeps the same sleek design of the phone such as the waterfall series from caseology. It is slim yet durable, has the same design as the phone, and has a clear back so you don't have to cover up whatever beautiful color you go for. You can get it for a very good price on amazon.

Alex Torres5

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
That is not true. The galaxy s6 is way better than the HTC one m8. I am a heavy phone user and I only charge my s6 once a day. It is an amazing phone.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
If it is possible for your location and/or carrier go for the galaxy s6 in blue topaz. It is beautiful ??????!!! And case not skin. there are cases that don't add any bulk and keeps the same sleek design of the phone such as the waterfall series from caseology. It is slim yet durable, has the same design as the phone, and has a clear back so you don't have to cover up whatever beautiful color you go for. You can get it for a very good price on amazon.

A slim case such as the Waterfall sure looks nice, and while it would be better than no case, I'd be surprised if the phone in it would survive a four foot drop on concrete. I've dropped mine twice onto concrete/tile from four feet, and the Defender did it's job and saved my phone.

Last edited:

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
A slim case such as the Waterfall sure looks nice, and while it would be better than no case, I'd be surprised if the phone it is in would survive a four foot drop on concrete. I've dropped mine twice onto concrete/tile from four feet, and the Defender did it's job and saved my phone.

The thin air spigen clear rubber sleeve has done a fantastic job of protecting the phone on drops of concrete from higher than 4 feet no problem. The real deal is if the corners are made to absorb the fall properly to prevent reaching the phones chassis.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I like 3 out of the 4 colors available. I like subtle colors so not a big fan of the blue topaz color. It's really flashy.

My brother had the black sapphire and I really loved it. But I wanted a different color so the options I had were white or gold.

White was my first preference. It's clean as heck. It's really minimal looking and beautiful. But it got sold and I was only left with the gold one.

Surprisingly, I never thought I'd get a gold phone and like it, but there's just something so unique about this gold color that you can't help loving it. I mean, the Samsung branding on the front does look like a sticker on this one but the rest of it; the metal rim and the back, looks so good! I really love it.

And I use a clear soft case on it. It's really thin. And let's the gold show through nicely. I would suggest you do get a case for this. Get a clear one. There have been so many reports of camera glass getting broken or getting scratched.

Another thing, don't take off the plastic on the camera when you get it.

jickey

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Well, Samsung has released that the black has the best performance, white has by far the best battery life, and gold has the most vivid screen. Choose wisely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo