Why do some apps only work on wireless?

IvanSanders

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm in Oz using Telstra 4G. I have some apps which refuse to believe there is an internet connection - they have worked in the past on 4G, but they don't any more, even on full bars. If I use a browser though, I can confirm internet connection. Examples are CommBank, St George Banking, Parkmobile. Facebook is inconsistent - often not loading photos.

I'm new to Android - on Apple you could select which apps do or don't have mobile access. On Android I think the closest thing is to Restrict Background Data which is not applicable here because the app is in the foreground (it's not restricted in any case)

Thanks in advance

Ivan

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm in Oz using Telstra 4G. I have some apps which refuse to believe there is an internet connection - they have worked in the past on 4G, but they don't any more, even on full bars. If I use a browser though, I can confirm internet connection. Examples are CommBank, St George Banking, Parkmobile. Facebook is inconsistent - often not loading photos.

I'm new to Android - on Apple you could select which apps do or don't have mobile access. On Android I think the closest thing is to Restrict Background Data which is not applicable here because the app is in the foreground (it's not restricted in any case)

Thanks in advance

Ivan

Are you sure you haven't restricted these apps for bg data?

dreaming of electric sheep

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463