Need help deciding on 32GB, 64GB or 128GB version

andy957

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am about to switch devices from my 16GB iPhone 5S to the Galaxy S6. Currently, I have about 2GB worth of photos on my iPhone and about 20 GB of music in iTunes that are currently stored in the cloud (photos on phone and on Dropbox). From what I understand, the 32GB GS6 only has ~23GB available after OS and standard apps, so it seems to me that that would not be a great idea in the long run. In Canada, currently the 32 is $149, the 64 is $209 and the 128 is $299 (all Canadian dollars). My carrier (Rogers) doesn't have stock on the 64GB at the moment, only the 32GB in the color I want and the 128 GB in black (only available color in Canada). I prefer the white/silver version that Rogers has for the 64GB model.

They are saying that once they fill the 64GB backorders, that the GS6 is EOL, in other words they won't be getting any more.

I've also looked at the Note 5 but in Canada for some reason it's only available in the 32GB version.

Here's my question. Is there a way (setting) that can instead of saving photos, movies, documents, etc. to phone memory to save them automatically AND ONLY to Google Drive, Photos, etc.? Or do I have to save them locally to the phone, then perform a sync and delete from the device each time?

I would really appreciate any recommendations and information on this, based on your personal experiences. Is the 128GB worth the extra $100?

Also, the white/silver combo is sharp. Most people have the black I think. Anyone here have any thoughts on which one is really the nicer one?

Thanks again.

musician3399

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I believe the 64 GB costs the same as the 128GB, I think most wireless carriers give you $100 off the 64GB version and $200 off the 128GB version, thus giving you a bigger discount if you choose the more expensive 128GB version, weird but not impossible, so I'd say if you are thinking about getting the 64GB, you might as well get the 128GB for the same price

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am about to switch devices from my 16GB iPhone 5S to the Galaxy S6. Currently, I have about 2GB worth of photos on my iPhone and about 20 GB of music in iTunes that are currently stored in the cloud (photos on phone and on Dropbox). From what I understand, the 32GB GS6 only has ~23GB available after OS and standard apps, so it seems to me that that would not be a great idea in the long run. In Canada, currently the 32 is $149, the 64 is $209 and the 128 is $299 (all Canadian dollars). My carrier (Rogers) doesn't have stock on the 64GB at the moment, only the 32GB in the color I want and the 128 GB in black (only available color in Canada). I prefer the white/silver version that Rogers has for the 64GB model.

They are saying that once they fill the 64GB backorders, that the GS6 is EOL, in other words they won't be getting any more.

I've also looked at the Note 5 but in Canada for some reason it's only available in the 32GB version.

Here's my question. Is there a way (setting) that can instead of saving photos, movies, documents, etc. to phone memory to save them automatically AND ONLY to Google Drive, Photos, etc.? Or do I have to save them locally to the phone, then perform a sync and delete from the device each time?

I would really appreciate any recommendations and information on this, based on your personal experiences. Is the 128GB worth the extra $100?

Also, the white/silver combo is sharp. Most people have the black I think. Anyone here have any thoughts on which one is really the nicer one?

Thanks again.

If you set up Google play music and upload your music to its servers via computer you can stream it to your phone thus removing the need for more storage.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01