Galaxy S6 doesn't say "fast charging"

Allain Borno

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
So I'm kinda confused. My phone does charge faster than my old Nokia Lumia 1020, but it doesn't say "fast charging" on the little notification bar. It also doesn't say fast charger on the charger itself, but it looks just like the same one.

I feel like my phone charges pretty fast. Right now I'm at 37% using my phone on the charger and it says it'll be charged in 68 minutes. I just want to make sure this is in fact the fast charging, or if it can get even FASTER. Lol.

sayyaf khan

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Just see the output voltage on your charging adapter if it says 9v and 1.67A it is fast charger

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
More info. Is this a Samsung charger or a third party charger? The original Samsung charger will say Adaptive Charger on it. It looks almost identical to earlier Galaxy and Note chargers but it's slightly longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Allain Borno

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
More info. Is this a Samsung charger or a third party charger? The original Samsung charger will say Adaptive Charger on it. It looks almost identical to earlier Galaxy and Note chargers but it's slightly longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It came with the phone. It is a samsung charger and looks exactly like the adaptive fast charger (even if it doesn't say it). I bought this phone unlocked from amazon, and I think it's an international phone. I don't know if that has something to do with this.

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Mine only showed fast charge 1/4 times. I switched USB cables and ditched the samsung one. Haven't had an issue since. Try another usb cable.

psususe

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
My phone no longer fast charges. In fact, some USB cables that I use to charge are not connecting/holding in the port very well. I have called Samsung and will be sending it in under warranty to fix-- I likely need a new battery port. I first need to get a replacement phone from a friend to switch over to before I send it out.

So, it could be a damaged charging port, too....

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
My phone no longer fast charges. In fact, some USB cables that I use to charge are not connecting/holding in the port very well. I have called Samsung and will be sending it in under warranty to fix-- I likely need a new battery port. I first need to get a replacement phone from a friend to switch over to before I send it out.

So, it could be a damaged charging port, too....

Exactly why I use wireless charging, the USB jacks just can't handle repeated use. In the two years a person has their phone, presuming you charge it only once daily, you will use that jack at least 730 times. On my S4, the jack started going intermittent after about 3 months so I set it up for wireless charging. On my S6 I use wireless charging almost exclusively. I'll put up with a moderate charge rate to avoid breaking the USB port and/or frying the battery/phone with rapid charging.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Our first S6 didn't say fast charging. Then got an update then it would say fast charging when charging. Though our other S6 doesn't say charging or fast charging on the lockscreen but does in the drop down menu. Weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463