screen locks while screen sharing with TV

D1craig

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Since getting my new phone - Samsung s6 in September I have been using it for screen mirroring with my TV to watch some movies and stuff. So decided to watch some more today and the screen locks after a time, say 10 mins.

Any idea how I change this? Non of the options I have seen allow this to be disabled they just allow for it to be longer. 10 for screen turn off and 30 mins for lock is the most I can get.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could try turning on the Stay Awake option in Developer Options. To turn on Developer Options, go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times. This will make the Developer Options menu available to you in the main Settings. In there, turn on Stay Awake--this will prevent the screen from sleeping, but the phone has to be plugged in and charging somewhere.

D1craig

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
That is exactly what I was looking for thank you. When I first started using my phone to mirror to my TV it wouldn't lock itself but now it does. I assume this must be something to do with the software update we recently received.

I will report back if this works thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol