Agh...this phone

munruss

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Came from iPhone. This phone is a bit slow, and inconsistent. For example, Hangouts, no push notifications? Is that a Google issue, or Android?

Battery is terrible, tends to run hot, and apps crash. Very frustrating!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Hangouts should have push notifications as long as you have an internet connection. When did you get the S6?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Came from iPhone. This phone is a bit slow, and inconsistent. For example, Hangouts, no push notifications? Is that a Google issue, or Android?

Android involves tweaking, if you're not up for it, send it back and get an iPhone.

dreaming of electric sheep

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Why must you tweak it?

To get the overall best experience and maximize the enjoyment. This forum has tons upon tons of threads and posts as to how to best maximize your S6. Haven't seen any Android forum yet that didn't have good suggestions for any number of devices. They all get adjusted and tweaked to make a better user experience. Or just use touch wiz and keep it spec'd to factory fresh and do nothing, user's choice and personal preference for sure.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Or just use touch wiz and keep it spec'd to factory fresh and do nothing, user's choice and personal preference for sure

^Again. Beautifully said.

Posted via the Android Central App

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Why must you tweak it?

That's the difference between closed OS (iPhone) vs open (Android). You can't have the best of both worlds, so you gotta pick your battles. The tweaking is a means of making the experience of the users unique, whereas iPhone are generally similar give or take a few options. User needs to chose what best works for them.

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Cant speak to the battery issues but If your having issues with push notifications look at your internet provider and device.
For example on my Note 4 I have push notification issues (hangouts, gmail, yahoo mail) when my device is on WiFi with Time Warner Cable.
It works fine at work and WiFi which uses Logix. BUT every now and then at work i still get a delayed notification.
When WiFi is OFF and im on T-Mobile everything comes in on time.
Now with my HTC One M9 and Nexus 6 i get all notifications on time.
So my device and internet provider dont play well, WiFi and Time Warner Cable.
Do some testing with your device and see when you get them on time vs when they come in late. Maybe you will see a pattern like I did.

munruss

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I get push notifications, the Hangout app does not indicate how many IMs I have. Works fine on the iPhone. The notifications for Android are not consistent.