Reception Messed Up

austinprime

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my phone about two months ago and cracked the back of my S6. I didn't notice any problems with the phone, though.

I am a heavy data user... about 50 gigs a month, so I would have noticed any data issues immediately. I had no issued until about a month ago. I woke up one morning and my data only works on GSM. Anything else doesn't work. My roommate is on the same plan is me and she has no issues at all on the same phone. The service provider ran a bunch of tests and nothing was wrong on their end. I formatted the phone as well.

I don't want to take into the store because I know they're going to point out that the back is cracked and that is the cause of the issue. Is fixing an antenna on my own a possibility? I feel like that is the issue.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So 2 months ago you dropped it, it worked fine for a month. Then a month you have been on GSM only? And now a month later you want it fixed?
That must have bee painful using it a month on GSM only.

So with that said, are you truly on GSM all the time or is it going back and forth between LTE and GSM?
Any liquid damage? Can you tell us what "test" the service provider ran?
Since you both have the same phone, try swapping sim cards to verify your line is not being throttled.
What carrier are you on?

austinprime

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
So 2 months ago you dropped it, it worked fine for a month. Then a month you have been on GSM only? And now a month later you want it fixed?
That must have bee painful using it a month on GSM only.

So with that said, are you truly on GSM all the time or is it going back and forth between LTE and GSM?
Any liquid damage? Can you tell us what "test" the service provider ran?
Since you both have the same phone, try swapping sim cards to verify your line is not being throttled.
What carrier are you on?

I've wanted it fixed for a month. The store ran 'tests' on the back end. Apparently they were checking my location and such to see if the service was fine... it is. In store they replaced the SIM card. It appeared to be working momentarily, but it was false hope.

I had to manually switch it to GSM because in the auto mode it was not connecting to LTE ever. It was just saying 4G and nothing worked until I would connect to wifi or switch to GSM. I do not think it is throttling. This month I've used about 1 gig... on GSM. It's horrible.

Oh, and no water damage.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Check your APN as well. I know with TMO i you dont have the correct APN settings LTE can connect and not pass data and when connected to 3G it can work. Which it sounds similar to your issue.

austinprime

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Check your APN as well. I know with TMO i you dont have the correct APN settings LTE can connect and not pass data and when connected to 3G it can work. Which it sounds similar to your issue.

SIM Card - I tried hers. And with the APN settings, we've confirmed them multiple times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC