Unathorized Voice recording Samsung S6?

sporewell

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
It is 100% being caused by the verizon message+ app. I had hours of voice recordings on my phone and both verizon and samsung denied it had anything to do with their software. Once I realized this app was responsible I disabled it and POOF, not another nefarious recording. Since I dislike the samsung stock message app I ended up downloading another. Zero problems since it's been disabled.

Castle Black

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I just found this out tonight. Went to record something in my phone and saw all of these recordings. I thought they were ones that I took so I wasn't worried at first until I saw that one was an hour long. There's only 4 recordings, from July 6, July 20, August 10 and August 12. Really strange how all but one of those are on a Wednesday. Also the one on August 10 went on for 6 and a half hours while I was sleeping. I haven't listened to the entirety of it yet but I am officially creeped out.

mrile0

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I did something similar to what sasnak88 mentioned on 1-23-2016.

I have a Galaxy s6 (Verizon) and the Android version 6.0.1 so I’m not sure your settings menu options will be the same.

Go into the Settings>Application>Application Manager
Scroll down to the Messages+ and open it
Choose Permissions

You will see all of the options with off/on radio buttons. I turned off the Microphone and the Location for the App.

I closed out and went back into the app, and when I pressed on the microphone button. I received the following message:

This feature requires additional permission.

Please enable these permissions from the Setting screen

I tried to do this on my mom’s Galaxy Note and the menu options were different and I was not able to adjust the permissions.

AndroidManiacBoi

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Unathorized Voice recording Samsung S6

If you have headphones with a mic button it may be getting hit by mistake. This happens to me alot, stopping or trying to disable voice recorder doesn't work, considering the fact I can't disable mine. I hope this helped.

drobrofyelak327

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site

I keep finding these files in MUSIC. sometimes even up to 3 hours of recordings!!
One included a phone call where both my voice and my friend's were clear as day!

I've never noticed a symbol at top of screen to show it's recording..
But when waking up my phone, I often press the camera app at the bottom right of my screen, so I wonder if it's related?

monsteriitsss

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site

I am having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. No Messege+ or any of that stuff. Mic just randomly records and saves to files.

What is this?!? Samsung fix this!!!

Jake w1

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site

I am having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. No Messege+ or any of that stuff. Mic just randomly records and saves to files.

What is this?!? Samsung fix this!!!

I have completely disabled the Verizon messenger app and the recordings have stopped for 3 days now. Will update in a few weeks. This seems to be the fix.

Nickles8189

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site

My husband and I have both found these mysterious recordings on our S6 phones. My phone will randomly stay playing one of theseveral recordings when I turn on my car if it is set to Bluetooth and I don't have anything else playing. That was part of a NINE HOUR recording that I definitely did NOT do! Really creepy stuff. We've found recordings of personal conversations, confidential work conversations... I feel like my privacy has been invaded.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey Rick

I've had my S6 for 8 months. Sprint is my carrier.....no strange, radom voice recordings on my phone.

I wonder if the issue is related to a particular phone carrier or an app triggering the voice recorder?

Last edited:

Jamie Stone4

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
All that is in my audio file is some songs I downloaded onto it (Legally...I think).

I'm in the UK so I have a different model to different countries. What country are you in with this phone?

Tomborden

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

I too noticed this by accident. I took my phone to Verizon and they were stumped. Said it must be an app. Could not identify the source. Did a factory reset. Worked for 1 day. Now it is recording my conversations at random. Some are phone calls, some are voice mails that I have deleted and most are just me having conversations with co-workers when I was not even using my phone. Scary stuff. Think I am getting a new phone.

Goatface77

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I've had this Note 5 for a year or so and I just found several of these recordings just today. Me in the car, at work, watching TV, etc. I do use my phone a lot and in many different ways, but it's interesting that most of these are within the last 3-4 months. Did anyone find a fix for this other than a factory reset?! Super creepy, some of these are HOURS long!

tyacobel

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
I just found that this was happening and I have dozens of recording on my phone that I did not create. I have since disabled the permissions for microphones in all of my apps and disabled the Message+ App . Some of the recordings are at work, at home, in my car and some are hours long. This is really freaking me out!!

Dream512

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I am having a similar issue except they are being stored in Google music app. 30 minutes of recording in one file and I wasn't even on my phone. I can hear my whole family celebrating christmas eve. I'm not happy about this.