Why am I not able to train Ok Google in Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

Not able to train Ok Google in Galaxy S6

It is unable to detect Ok Google when I open the Google app. I tried to train it in the settings but it's stuck at the first out of three Ok Google training. I don't think it is detecting anything from the mic. I tried disabling S Voice as well but still nothing. Please help!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not able to train Ok Google in Galaxy S6

Take a short video or voice memo to verify that your mic is indeed working.

Next wipe Google app cache. Still nothing, wipe app data.

Next clear system cache via recovery.

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

My mic is working fine.
I have to manually click the mic in google search to activate google voice search. It doesn't recognise 'Ok google'.
I tried deleting the cache but still nothing.

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

I just deleted both again. Wow it detected Ok Google for the first time i opened google app. The second time it has again gone back to its sleep.
I deleted cache again. And again it only detects ok google for the first time i use voice search. Second time onwards no response. Surprisingly, when I manually click the mic icon, it listens properly everytime irrespective of whether I have deleted cache or not.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried checking your "ok google" settings via the Google setting app? Try toggling it off then back on right after a cache wipe.

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

After trying numerous times now, it has started working now! I've been able to successfully train Ok Google for 3 times in the settings as well. However it is very buggy and refuses to hear me on some occasions. Is this like with most android phones?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Edit: I left my phone idle for 15min. I've tried saying Ok google over 10 times now but Google refuses to respond now. Only when I open the google app does it start responding.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

Yeah it works for some time. But after I leave it idle for an hour and then say Ok google, nothing happens. I have to repeat all the steps you suggested again to make it work again. What pain X(