Screen Replacement

clcmbtn

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My wife liked my S6 so much she bought one last night. This morning she dropped it and shattered the screen. Can I replace just the glass or does the digitizer need to be replaced as well?

Thanks for the help.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If the LCD digitizer is still working, you can attempt to replace just the glass. It's a time consuming process. You can find the front glass lens here .

Just watch several videos and make sure you have the right tools before you begin.

clcmbtn

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
How do I know if the digitizer is good? The phone turns and is working but the screen is just a million colors and you can't do anything.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
A million colors = bad digitizer.
NO NO NO
The digitizer is the part of the phone that detect touch. It has NOTHING to do with a million colors aka the SAMOLED screen. If his screen is in a million colors as he states its got a broken SAMOLED screen.
You can break the glass and have good screen, you can break the screen and have good glass. The digitizer generally is baked into the glass. ALSO on almost all new devices the glass and screen are adhered together. Making it to where the average person, and most repair shops cant even fix just a broken glass while trying to use the same screen. However if the digitizer breaks you cant see it. You can only tell if a digitizer has gone bad by the lack of touch presence or if touch is happening in random areas or NOT where your touching.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463