Unable to Unlock Phone with Fitbit\GPS Running

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello All. I have a bit of a weird issue here. I have a Galaxy S6 T-Mobile version that I have had for about 2 weeks now. So far I have been pretty happy with it, specially as I came from an iPhone 5s. However I am having an issue that is really annoying.

I have a fitbit charger hr tracker connected to the phone. When I use the activity tracker function of the fitbit app I am unable to unlock the phone at all. The screen stutters and takes a while to fully load when pressing the button and the majority of the time it will fade out, not even giving me the ability to use a fingerprint to unlock or to swipe if the smart unlock is on.

As this point, I am not sure if this is caused by the fitbit app or if it is the GPS that does it. With the exception of the rare time it unlocks for me, I need to restart the phone each time.

So an an open question, Any Ideas? Anything else I can do to troubleshoot? Wild Guesses? This is a tad frustrating and I am not sure what to do next.

EDIT: 11\17 1600 EST
I went ahead and cleared both caches, after looking up how to do it. Unfortunately it does not appear to have helped at all. I am seeing the same symptoms. I noticed a further symptom as well. I started playing music during a walk and the bluetooth\playback was periodically interrupted. A stutter of some sort.

I will next be ruling out BT issues using wired, as I have never had issues with this headset before I think it is related.

The other thing I noticed was that I was able to put it into airplane mode and while still stuttering severely, I was able to unlock the phone though with much hesitation. My next step will also to be trying this same task without the GPS on, seeing if that makes a difference.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Start with wiping app cache then wipe system cache via recovery. Best place to start first.

EDIT: 11\17 1600 EST
I went ahead and cleared both caches, after looking up how to do it. Unfortunately it does not appear to have helped at all. I am seeing the same symptoms. I noticed a further symptom as well. I started playing music during a walk and the bluetooth\playback was periodically interrupted. A stutter of some sort.

I will next be ruling out BT issues using wired, as I have never had issues with this headset before I think it is related.

The other thing I noticed was that I was able to put it into airplane mode and while still stuttering severely, I was able to unlock the phone though with much hesitation. My next step will also to be trying this same task without the GPS on, seeing if that makes a difference.

Any other ideas?

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Just an update for anyone who stumbles across this.

Same behavior with GPS and data disabled. It appears to be caused by the Fitbit app itself when used in this function. Really annoying.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I got an update on both fit bit app and charge hr yesterday. ..didn't help?

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buyonbudget