time zone wrong

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon living in the Pacific time zone. As of yesterday, I noticed that my clock was off by 1 hour showing Mountain time. I can restart my phone to where it starts up in Pacific time, then a few mins later, goes back to Mountain time.

Anyone else experience this problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you check your Time Settings, is the Automatic Date/Time and Automatic Time Zone options active? If so, try turning off the Automatic Time Zone. Does it work? If it does, you might want to notify your carrier as the Automatic information comes from them, not the phone...

But before you do, what happens if you open Google Maps? Does it show your correct location or does it show you miles away? Also check if there are any DST settings active or not (not all phones have this now).

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My auto time zone and time were both selected on. I turned off auto time zone so I could manually select Pacific time. Also, tried my google maps and it was spot on.

I didn't want to call Verizon help desk because they are usually clueless. Being that my galaxy s 6 is sealed, I can't remove the Sim card and reinstall.

Thanks for your help. I can call Verizon, but not too optimistic. This problem just started yesterday. Now, oddly enough, it was only while at work. Did not experience this problem while at home. Weird!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It sounds more like it's a network issue, probably linked to the tower you're using while at work. Are you near a time zone border or something like that?

Also, you should be able to remove a SIM card on an S6... right?

Verizon support, like most, aren't that tech savvy out of their scripted responses, but they should be able to make a report to their tech department (the guys who actually know a little bit more about these things) and check the tower settings.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I will call Verizon just because. My work isn't near a time zone as this just started yesterday. Very weird.

To the best of my knowledge, you can't remove the Sim card.

Thanks for your help!

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I'll be.......I will download this and see what happens.

Thanks again!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No problemo! Hope you get that fixed. It can be quite the hassle when the watch doesn't sync properly, especially if it's not the phone's fault!