Why does my S6 keep disconnecting when plugged in to pc via USB?

peteyt89

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
S6 keeps disconnecting when plugged in to pc via USB

I've always seemed to have had problems with my Galaxy phones when connecting them to a PC and considered going to another phone before I upgraded to my S6.

This is a problem that has happened with my S2/S3/S6 with both different leads and different computers. Connecting it to update or transfer music, files etc. can take a while as it keeps disconnecting all the time.

Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have a possible fix. I'm not a fan of iPhones but my girlfriend never seems to have a problem when connecting hers to this and other computers.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: S6 keeps disconnecting when plugged in to pc via USB

Never an issue with mine, other than driver issues (but that won't let you connect if the driver goes bad).

AFJ_MASTIFF

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
This was very annoying to me....finally fixed it using an externally powered 3.0 usb hub. I bought this one. Works like a champ now. I tried everything mentioned. My laptop is a newer alienware from Dell with Windows 10. I think the pc usb ports just don't have enough power.

Anker
4.3 out of 5 stars 124 Reviews
Anker Ultra Slim 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with 12W Power Adapter / USB Wall Charger Included