Galaxy S6 Software Update Won't Work, How Can I Get It Working?

A

AC Question

Galaxy s6 Software Update Won't Work

I have a Samsung Galaxy s6, and for the past couple months, I keep getting notifications that there is a system update the phone needs to do, but the update will never work! It will go to this black screen with the options: 1- reboot system now, 2- apply update from ADB, 3- apply update from external storage, 4- apply update from cache, 5- wipe data/factory reset, 6- wipe cache partition, 7- reboot to bootloader, 8- power down, and 9- view recovery logs. I have tried selecting options 2, 3, and 4, and none of those worked, so I end up just picking 1 and rebooting the phone, with no update. Every single day my phone tries to make me do this update, and you have to either do the update or pick a time for it to update within the next 24 hrs, so this is getting very annoying. I don't know much about these things, so I just want to know if there is some way to finally do this damn update, or if I have to go to the Verizon store.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s6 Software Update Won't Work

try option 6 - wipe cache
if still not working
install samsung smart switch on your computer, connect your phone via usb lead and try to update from smart switch software

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Wiping the system cache like mentioned above might help it.

An OTA should never take you straight to the recovery menu. I'm assuming you are completely stock and have a non-tripped knox counter?

What variant is your S6?
What is your build number?
(Both can be found in settings>device>About device)

NicoleMariss

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I will try these things.

I was able to find the build #, but not the variant. The build # is: LRX22G.G920VVRU2AOF1

The model # is SM-G920V if that helps.

I forgot to add that when it goes to this black screen with those options, at the bottom it always says: DM - Verify verification failed
I don't know what that means, I've only had this phone for a month or 2. I broke the original one, and received this one from insurance, so I guess that means it's refurbished?? And I have done nothing to the phone, so I'm assuming it's stock.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I will try these things.

I was able to find the build #, but not the variant. The build # is: LRX22G.G920VVRU2AOF1

The model # is SM-G920V if that helps.

I forgot to add that when it goes to this black screen with those options, at the bottom it always says: DM - Verify verification failed
I don't know what that means, I've only had this phone for a month or 2. I broke the original one, and received this one from insurance, so I guess that means it's refurbished?? And I have done nothing to the phone, so I'm assuming it's stock.

Try signing out of google and signing back in. Then wipe cache. Cant hurt.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Check out All Things GS6. There you can get links to Smart Switch or follow the directions on flashing the update to your phone using Odin. If you have any questions regarding this feel free to post or PM me.