Samsung Galaxy S6 Straight Talk (at&t nano sim) APN settings will not work. Help Please! How can I get them working?

humbleac0520

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S6 Straight Talk (at&t nano sim) APN settings will not work. Help Please!

I Recently purchased a Galaxy S6 Seems to be carrier unlocked, running Android 5.0.1. I was able to get nano sim installed and working for SMS, and calling. MMS and Data will not work. I have tried all of straight talks apn settings for this device. From every forum and website that google populated for this search criteria. Ive tried the tfdata apn and its corresponding mmsc, and mms proxy settings triple checking that all setting are entered correctly. I have tried the RESELLER apn, wap.tracfone apn. All of them that I can find nothing is working. The default apn is some Cingular 410 apn with a server, user name, pw, pretty much everything filled out. I have made sure that this is not selected. I have even tried restoring it to factory settings. Still nothing. I have checked that airplane mode is disabled. One thing I did notice that was different about this phone in regards to everything I have seen online and that is the apn type on everything online shows that they can type this info in delimited by commas. I can not do this. I am given 5 selections. default, mms, supl, wap, and ia. If anyone can give me a clue as to what I need to do I would greatly appreciate it.
About to just switch carriers! This seems to be my only option. Straight Talk was of no help!

Last edited:

humbleac0520

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Straight Talk (at&t nano sim) APN settings will not work. Help Please!

I was told the correct APN setting is the RESELLER setting listed on straight talks website. However this does not work. I have actually never gotten those particular settings to work on any phone. I have an HTC that I had to use the old tfdata settings on to work. And I actually purchased a Straight Talk phone in their packaging that wouldn't work and ended up having to just eat the 200 bucks spent on that one cause I was told the same thing as for the Galaxy S6 that this was the only setting that will work. (Which they didnt) So new carrier here I come!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Straight Talk (at&t nano sim) APN settings will not work. Help Please!

Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact model of your S6? Samsung makes so many variants of their phones that it's possible you have one that isn't entirely compatible with Straight Talk's bands.

humbleac0520

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

I have tried just about everything. Straight Talk has tried to help me, but they keep telling me there is only one setting I can use and that is the RESELLER APN. Which does not work. Which all the research I have done says that this is not the correct APN to use. That the tfdata apn is what needs to be used, but I get the same thing with that apn. No data connection. SMS and Calls work. Just not data and MMS. Hence why I keep thinking its an APN setting.

humbleac0520

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

To answer about it being compatible. ST told me that it was. They could be wrong I guess. Just odd. If it wasn't compatible how was I able to activate the SIM card with the phone and it work for calling and texting?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If a phone doesn't support 3G or 4G bands that the carrier uses, it might only be able to make calls and texts (which uses the voice signal, or 2G). But the specs of your model indicate that it really ought to work.

Just to be sure, see if the settings here help:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...straight-talk-issue-correct-apn-settings.html
Straight Talk ::: Bring Your Own Phone ::: Keep everything you love

Suebsueb

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact model of your S6? Samsung makes so many variants of their phones that it's possible you have one that isn't entirely compatible with Straight Talk's bands.
samsung-sm-g925a

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

samsung-sm-g925a

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have the same exact issue as the OP? It'd help if you gave more information, rather than just the phone model number.

Bfreebrandon

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have the same exact issue as the OP? It'd help if you gave more information, rather than just the phone model number.

I am having a similar issue but I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. My problem is the APN option in the settings menu does not even appear I need help on this badly I go to settings network settings and I don't even have that option for APN. Does anyone know why this might be happening or a way around it I have a SIM card installed from TracFone in my phone but I cannot get data, the plan is active. So frustrating!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae