How much does the outer part of glass cost to repair on a Samsung S6 smart phone ?

A

AC Question

How much does the outter part of glass cost to repair on a samsung s6 smart phone ?

Where can I purchase the outter protective glass on the camera of my Samsung S6? I just noticed the glass has cracked off exposing the camera lens and I desperately need to find the part to repair it ASAP. Does anyone know about how much the cost for the repair would be with the glass part and also without the part? My carrier is AT&T . I did not buy insurance on this phone because I've never broken a phone or cracked a phone ... Please help with online website for parts and fixing and or info about what my carrier could do.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How much does the outter part of glass cost to repair on a samsung s6 smart phone ?

If you're talking about the rear camera, I don't think you can buy the cover separately - it's part of the lens. You have to replace the camera module.

If you're talking about the front camera, that glass is the digitizer. To replace it you have to get it to within a few degrees of the right temperature to get the glue to release without damaging the screen underneath it. It's not something you should practice on a working phone. (You'll probably destroy the screen the first few tries. It's why shops keep unfixable phones - to train people on replacing things like digitizers.)

The price to have it done depends on where you live, but it should generally run under $100.