App crashed S6. Now screen won't turn on..what can I do?

A

AC Question

App crashed S6. Now screen wont turn on...

Yesterday I downloaded a new app from the play store, and after about 10 minutes of messing around with the app, it locked up my S6. So i tried to kill the app, no luck. Did a soft reset, vibrated and powered down. Upon reboot, the screen flickered the "powered by android" splash screen and went through its normal boot with the screen black. Tried to get the screen to turn on, but now it only flickers with a green vertical line, and then turn the screen turns right back off... Everything seems to be fine on the phone, ie, i can take pictures(auto upload to dropbox), screen shots, and even answer any incoming calls. But the screen wont turn on. Waiting for the battery to drain to see what will happen, when its dead and i try to plug it in.

Went to the AT&T store, they said go to the samsung experience at best buy, Went there and they sent me back to AT&T... It seemed like they knew what was wrong with it but didnt want to handle it. any advice would be great... Oh and Its an international version, so samsung USA wont touch it... Basically being told im SOL...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: App crashed S6. Now screen wont turn on...

Welcome to Android Central! This is one of the unfortunate problems with getting an international version for use in the US.

Are you able to boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition, or do a factory reset? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095

Also, which app did you install?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87