Lock Screen Notifications - just want to show SMS, voicemail and missed call alerts

random_uzer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
On S6 the only notifications I want on the lock screen are the following, and I'd prefer not to have to block unlocked notifications in the process if possible

(1) Text Message alert (and prefer with text preview)
(2) if I Missed a Call
(3) if there is a new voicemail

Can’t figure out a way to do this, without still getting other notifications I don’t want on the lock screen, like the fact that a screenshot had been captured previously (I'll keep using the screenshot capture as an example because the only way I can get it not to show up on lock screen is to turn off ALL lock screen notifications)

Under “Notifications on Lock Screen” the choices are
- Show Content
- Hide Content
- Do Not Show.

The only way to get any notification at all on lock screen is to choose either Show or Hide Content. So I do that, first trying "show content" so that I can preview a text message.

Then under “App Notifications", to go as far as I can I choose "Block" for every app on the list that offers it, and I show "Hide Content on Lock Screen" for the rest of the apps on the list.

With these settings, I can still get something dumb like a "screenshot captured" notification.

On old phone it did what I want. .

I assume when I choose "Block" under App Notifications it doesn't just block for the lock screen notification but blocks that notification for unlocked as well (which isn't really what I want to do).

What is needed under App Notifications is an option for "Block from Lock Screen" instead of just Hide Content from Lock Screen. Something else needed is a much more comprehensive list of apps/functions on the list. For example, what app sends the Screenshot Capture notification to lock screen?

Is it impossible to do what I want ? Thanks for any help

Last edited:

jamaica168

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I use an app called nils lock screen notifications. You can disable the stock notifications and choose in nils which apps show notifications on the lock screen. There is a limited free version you can try.

random_uzer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I use an app called nils lock screen notifications. You can disable the stock notifications and choose in nils which apps show notifications on the lock screen. There is a limited free version you can try.

Thanks. I've been reading the reviews on it. Mixed but it seems like the issues people have with it are with features I don't care about. Normally for anything related to the lock screen I don't want to use anything but stock, but it seems this app really does just deal with the notifications piece of it, so I'm going to give it a try. I'm still surprised that I can't get the combination I want with the native features on the phone, but oh well.

random_uzer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I just tried it. Wow, that is a great clue that will help greatly in figuring this out. Thanks !!!

Now only if there was an additional choice under app notifications for "Block from Lock Screen" instead of just "Block" or "Hide Content from Lock Screen".

But now that I can figure out what app is sending the notification, I might just choose "Block" altogether for those I don't want on lock screen, and I can probably live just fine without those notifications in unlock as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae