Streaming Apps

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with audio cutting out on many streaming apps like radio.com, podcast apps, etc?

I am doing a test having my s6 and iPad run the same apps at the same time and the ipad keeps playing - right through commercials and everything but the s6 always cuts out after a few minutes. I checked wifi settings and its set to always stay connected even during sleep. Not sure if this is an s6 problem or the android version of the apps are just inferior. It's very frustrating having to constantly restart the apps to get it to start playing again.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it stops playing after a certain amount of time but it's not tied to the screen shut off - which i have set to 1 minute. Seems to be related to when the stream goes into commercial break.

The same apps on iPad just keep going and going. Why can't the S6 do this?

BHO mber

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here, I am using Spotify and after driving for a little (random) my phone will stop playing music. In order to get it back playing I either have to hit play on my phone or hit play twice in my car. I know this is my phone because my friend had his note 4 connected to my car and he had no problems, I know my phone would of stopped playing because it happenes everytime and almost at the same spot during my same routine drive to and back from a friends house.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have continued to experiment with more streaming apps and the results are pretty much the same: on the iPad they keep going and going , through commercial breaks and everything until I stop them, while on my S6 they are play for awhile and usually cut out sometime during a commercial break and I have to manually re-start the stream or in some cases close the app completely and relaunch.

My wifi is fast (100mbps) and strong as I am only 5 feet from my router when doing these tests. I have looked throgh app settings and phone settings as well but can't find anything that would improve this.

Are android apps just crap compared to ios or is it the device itself? I'm at a loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC