After latest update to 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6, some apps & folders disappeared. How can get them back?

A

AC Question

After latest update to 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6, some apps & folders disappeared

Before the latest update, most of my apps were organized into folders and some of these folders were placed on the home screens. After the updates, some of the folders are "gone" not only from the home screen but from the apps area. I can see the apps if I go into App Manager, but I cannot open them from there. So I currently cannot find any way to open many apps that I previously downloaded (and app manager says I still have). Strangely, this only happened with some apps and folders but not all . What do I need to do to regain access to these apps?

lisaboymom

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: After latest update to 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6, some apps & folders disappeared. How can get

That did not work....any other ideas? Apps still are present in apps manager but icons are not visible to select when I press the "apps" key on the home screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: After latest update to 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6, some apps & folders disappeared. How can get

Does your phone have the option to hide apps in the App Drawer?

lisaboymom

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site

I do not see that option either in the (manage apps menu or the edit apps area)...I did an experiment and switched to the Nova Launcher instead of the Touchwiz and when Nova Launcher is going, all of my apps are visible in the apps drawer/page (though my folders do not exist at all). When I switch back to TouchWiz then the missing apps are still not visible on the apps drawer/page.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: After latest update to 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6, some apps & folders disappeared

That sounds like a launcher problem. You could try clearing cache for the Touchwiz launcher in the settings - apps - all tab and then reboot the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree with Javier P. If clearing the TouchWiz cache doesn't help, then you could also try clearing the data--but this will wipe your homescreens clean, and you'll have to set them back up again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech