Can't see files in Windows Explorer that are present in the phone "My Files"

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
In preparation for a potential factory reset, see post on TouchWiz, I wanted to copy off my files from the phone to my desktop. I can see the files I want using "My Files" on the phone, but when I use Windows Explorer (Win10) with the phone connected over USB, the folders are empty. Anyone have any ideas what's up about that? I've never had trouble finding files before but I add this is the first time I'm trying with Windows 10.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
thank you for the reply. I realize my files is just a browser to find files, and I see them located in the proper folders, but when I navigate to those same folders using Windows Explorer, the folders show empty in Windows but they show the proper files in My Files.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I haven't come across that (I have S6 Edge and I run Win10). In that case I would recommend using Smart Switch. First time I ran SS I was wondering if it would back up all my music as we don't have SD cards on our devices and it backed up everything. Before you do a reset try clearing system cache as that may resolve your Touch-Wiz problem