Samsung Galaxy S6 top left corner screen raised / pressure / movement

RavityG

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I've just got a Samsung Galaxy S6.

I've noticed that if I hold the phone eye level on the side where the volume controls are, or simply view it head on at an angle concentrating on the corner where the volume controls are, that when I press on the screen theres a tiny bit movement / lift. By tiny I mean the hairline edge /gap between the metal and the glass sort of disappears as I press in, and then reappears when I let go giving the allusion of movement.

Its as though the screen in that corner of the phone is slightly raised up.

Bare in mind I'm being uber critical as I have just got this phone and want to sign off on it before I decide to keep it. This could even be a design feature for shock absorption or maybe its just in that corner there due to the volume controls. No one who isn't OCD like me would probably even notice this.

Can anyone advise if they have the same. I think it would be more noticable on the white.

Im sure it wont cause me problems but im curious if others have similar thing with their phones.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I would take it back to the carrier and have them look at it. I had that happen with an iPhone 5C a few years ago and they replaced it. So I would have them check it out just to be sure. Good luck!

RavityG

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Ive just been to the shops in town and compared with a few on display...

The dark blue model in O2 had the same issue but on the other side.
The white model in EE (which it shows up on the most) had it on both the left and right side.

I mean we are talking ever so slight movement, almost like the glass is cushioned. I had to do it about 10 times for someone else to even notice it. I think im probably being too fussy.

RavityG

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Just been to some other shops as well because the customer service has been excellent are offering me an exchange or refund...

Another EE shop the white one did the same.
Vodafone a black one did the same.
O2 a black one didnt do it at all.

Its more noticable on the white due to the hairline gap between screen and edge being more noticable.

RavityG

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
No one is really replying to this but it might help someone else in the future.

My understanding is from what I am seeing most of them do it. Its something you've got to hold at a specific angle and really concentrate to see. I've tried it again on my this morning holding it up to my ear and i can hear a faint sort of sticky noise, like double sided tape being stuck and unstuck as I push gentle on the screen. I'm going to send it back whilst i can. Shame because everything else with it is fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power