Samsung Galaxy S6 Email Notifactions

jamesl_87

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
So I have recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android Version 5.1.1. I have synced up my gmail account and have found every time I receive an email I get a notification (Sound, Vibrate and email shows up in the notification Panel) I find this very annoying so I went into the Email application - Notifications and set to Off. However I am still getting email notifications. I then tried going to Applications Manager - Gmail and Unticked Show Notifications. I am still getting notified every time I receive an Email. So I am starting to think maybe this is a bug. Has anybody else seen this problem or found a solution?

Thanks in advance, James

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
So I have recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android Version 5.1.1. I have synced up my gmail account and have found every time I receive an email I get a notification (Sound, Vibrate and email shows up in the notification Panel) I find this very annoying so I went into the Email application - Notifications and set to Off. However I am still getting email notifications. I then tried going to Applications Manager - Gmail and Unticked Show Notifications. I am still getting notified every time I receive an Email. So I am starting to think maybe this is a bug. Has anybody else seen this problem or found a solution?

Thanks in advance, James

Apologies if you've done this and it's still not working, but just in case..... have you taken these steps?

Settings menu, Sounds and Notifications, App Notifications, pick your email client (in my case Gmail), and then toggle "block notifications."

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 365.jpg
    365.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34