Why don't I have a fingerprint option available?

A

AC Question

no fingerprint option available

hi, i have a galaxy s6. for screen unlocking i would like to use fingerprint. however this option is not available; instead i see face unlock. why?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
no fingerprint option available

Is it a new device? If not, is it rooted? So far as I know, the face unlock option was removed by Samsung long ago. Perhaps there are firmware updates pending, that will remove it from your device?

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: no fingerprint option available

the phone is not rooted. however this all seems strange. tried to install smart switch app to install android 5.1.1 manually but the app is not compatible with my phone? also the camera makes really bad pics.

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

i installed some hardware checkin apps. they show values not according to samsung s6 e.g. screen resolution 540 x 960 240 dpi. internal ram: 512 mb. cpu 2 cores. i verified this with two different apps. camera 9.6 megapixels. android version 4.4.2
is it possible that these apps show wrong information?

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

thanks to all for your quick responses. i am very postive now that the phone is a fake. i will contact the seller and demand my money back.

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

thanks to all for your quick responses. i am very postive now that the phone is a fake. i will contact the seller and demand my money back.

citygirllexi

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
How did you find out it was a fake? I also bought my phone second hand and I also have your same concerns, spent $350 so I don't know what to do with the phone as the seller won't reply back to me..:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz