Contact Birthdays

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I enter birthdays in my Google contacts in the "Event" section, but for some reason it won't carry over and show on my stock calendar. Any ideas? If tried re syncing already. Anyone else have this problem?

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the fast reply. I already checked that and I have "All calendars" turned on and I also have "Contacts' birthdays" on as well.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I did some more testing. I saved a contact on the phone rather than to Google and the bday showed up on the calendar with no problems. Strange

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
make sure global sync is on.
go to settings, accounts, google, tap on your google account, find sync calendar, flip switch off, wait five seconds then flip switch on.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The birthdays are now showing on the calendar app properly. I logged into my Google Gmail and Google Calendar on the web and the birthdays all appeared properly on the web version of the calendar. I noticed after logging into my Google Calendar on the web (which I NEVER do, probably my first time doing so in months or possibly years), when I went into the calendar app on my phone and selected "Manage Calendars" a new a field titled "Birthdays" appeared under my Gmail account and was off. I turned it on and the birthdays now appear in the calendar app. Prior to logging into my Google Gmail and Calendar today on the web, when I opened my calendar app on my phone and entered into my "Manage Calendars", I did not have a "Birthdays" field listed under my Gmail account. I always had a "Contacts' birthdays" listed under the "Device" section in the "Manage Calendars" and that was always "on", so I thought I had everything I needed for the birthdays to appear properly. Apparently, logging into my Google Calendar on the web triggered the new field of "Birthdays" to appear in my "Manage Calendars" under my Gmail account.