what's your galaxy s6 battery life ?

houhou123

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I can't decide between galaxy s5 and s6, the only thing that holds me back from purchasing the s6 is it's battery performance. I know that the s6 has 2550 mah which seems to be enough in theory, because if you look at the bigger size screen note 5 that has 3000 mah and people report good battery life, so 2550 mah should be enough for 5.1 inch display, but in practice it's not.

So what is the reason behind galaxy s6 bad battery performance? if it's a software issue, than why for almost a year after release people still complaining about the battery even after installing all the software updates?

natehartey12

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure why it's so bad, my s6 after some tweaking gets about 15 hours off the charger with 3.5 hours of screen on time

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My battery has improved greatly with the wifi calling update Verizon pushed a little while back. 5 hours SOT for my average day's usage is the new normal for me. However, I don't game or watch videos more than 15 minutes worth per day. Mainly calls, texts and web. I have just over 5 SOT currently on my way to bed for the night. 14% left on the meter. I have no complaints what so ever with my S6's battery life. i think it uses way less cell standby time with wifi calling which is a big factor. After a full day cell standby is at 9%, but used to be 4 times that much at least before wifi calling was enabled.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I have been rebooting once a day and getting well over 3:30 of SoT. right now as I type this is I have 10 hours 30 minutes off the charger 5% left and 4:25 of SoT...

(idk if the rebooting every day is helping but it sureally looks like it)

Owen Kim

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
This is about it, but I've been watching videos mostly

Attachments

• 5199.jpg
    5199.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 128

lisa76

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I usually turns mine on at 7am and charges it around 10 at night when I am working. Days that I don't work I can go up to 24 on a single charge with 4-5 hrs screen time

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I can't decide between galaxy s5 and s6, the only thing that holds me back from purchasing the s6 is it's battery performance. I know that the s6 has 2550 mah which seems to be enough in theory, because if you look at the bigger size screen note 5 that has 3000 mah and people report good battery life, so 2550 mah should be enough for 5.1 inch display, but in practice it's not.

So what is the reason behind galaxy s6 bad battery performance? if it's a software issue, than why for almost a year after release people still complaining about the battery even after installing all the software updates?

My wife has the S5 and I have the S6, and both seem to get decent battery life. You should keep in mind that your mileage will vary (YMWV), depending on your usage patterns, coverage, apps, etc. Every cell/smart phone ever produced has folks bragging/decrying about the excellent/bad battery life, and it's all subjective. I challenge you to find a phone that hasn't had multiple threads created about their poor battery life. Many folks only come to the forums to complain when the have a problem, which makes it look like a significant majority of owners have any given problem. Certainly a vast majority are blissfully unaware of or disinterested in the complainer forums and are happy with their phones. Take whatever you read here with a grain of salt.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Ive just made a post on the battery life on my s6 on 6.0 beta and i charged to 100% and heavly used it till it was at 6%. I never ever use my phone heavy, id say i was a medium user but i managed to get 4h ost with a little over 4h 30m usage wich i think is decent because as ive already said i never use my phone as a heavy user.. on a average day ill get near the 5h ost mark.. ill come back to this post after my next charge and normal usage cycle and show battery stats

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why people are complaining about battery life with an S6, mine goes three or four days between charges.

OK, so how do you do that? I get good battery life, but to get that length of time I'd have to not use it - no texting, no calls, no screen-on time, not go in and out of coverage, turn off radios and features, etc. Do you use a power-saving app like Juice Defender? Or do you just not use it much?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe below this is the best my phone has ever been... 3+ SoT and no changes to my habits.

Attachments

• 2347.jpg
    2347.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 86

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Battery life on the S6 sucks but honestly, the S5 wasn't much better. With the quick charge, it charges so fast so who cares. It will easily make it through the day if you aren't using it heavily and if you are, just plug it into the quick charge for a few minutes when you aren't using it.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why people are complaining about battery life with an S6, mine goes three or four days between charges.
Haha! You must hardly be using it at all. I suppose that would work without any push notifications and keeping it in power saving mode. 4 days still seems like a stretch though.
OK, so how do you do that? I get good battery life, but to get that length of time I'd have to not use it - no texting, no calls, no screen-on time, not go in and out of coverage, turn off radios and features, etc. Do you use a power-saving app like Juice Defender? Or do you just not use it much?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Well now, battery life is subjective much as anything else. I had an "EX" who got 3 to 4 weeks out of her phone battery. She'd only turn it on when she wanted to make a call then turn it off again. Ha,Ha. She was a nut job in many regards. But point being the only thing that matters is your battery life for your own personal usage. I'm happy with mine. If anyone is not happy with theirs then do something about it if possible. Lots of tweaks, but for those who insist on gaming , you tubing and other high power consuming stuff a lot your going to get what you get. Just pick up a quick charger. People who claim multiple days of battery life are either BS,ing or nut jobs like my "EX".

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Well now, battery life is subjective much as anything else. I had an "EX" who got 3 to 4 weeks out of her phone battery. She'd only turn it on when she wanted to make a call then turn it off again. Ha,Ha. She was a nut job in many regards. But point being the only thing that matters is your battery life for your own personal usage. I'm happy with mine. If anyone is not happy with theirs then do something about it if possible. Lots of tweaks, but for those who insist on gaming , you tubing and other high power consuming stuff a lot your going to get what you get. Just pick up a quick charger. People who claim multiple days of battery life are either BS,ing or nut jobs like my "EX".

Folks who obsess about battery life are like "milers", the crazies that will do ANYTHING to get the best gas mileage out of their car. They'll block traffic, run stop signs, draft (tailgate), thus antagonizing other drivers in the quest for mileage. Luckily if they do this with their phones then it only impacts them.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
After owning an s6 I wouldn't consider an s5. I've owned and s5 and it was great but the S6 is much better.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had s6 since launch. It had incredible battery life until the very first software update and it has sucked ever since...I am a light to medium user. No games, just a lot of email, text, twitter and internet to run my business.

I love this device but I would kill to have the battery life I once had...hope the next update changes it.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I've had s6 since launch. It had incredible battery life until the very first software update and it has sucked ever since...I am a light to medium user. No games, just a lot of email, text, twitter and internet to run my business.

I love this device but I would kill to have the battery life I once had...hope the next update changes it.

Have you cleared cache since the update?