Yet another post about my phone battery!

mikado86

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
So yeah, hello, I recently (less than a week) changed from Iphone to Samsung, I got a Galaxy S6, now I dont know if its normal (It certainly was not on my iphone) but my battery drains by a lot (think over 40%) overnight, I find this unacceptable and I must be doing something wrong, can someone direct me to a tread or help me out? here is a picture of the battery app after I woke up.

2016-01-06 18.09.49.jpg

There was a couple apps below that, nor over 7, but they all were 2% or below so they probably can wait

Thanks a lot!

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
bad network reception, mobile data, email accounts doing sync, apps using location and data sync, location history
a few things that can use a lot of battery.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
^^^^ what he said.. also i wouldnt worry so much as 6.0 is around the corner now and doze will level that out for u. Im running the 6.0 beta from samsung in the uk and ill charge my phone befor i go to sleep and once i wake up its gone from 100% to 98/99%

Posted via the Android Central App

mikado86

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
bad network reception, mobile data, email accounts doing sync, apps using location and data sync, location history
a few things that can use a lot of battery.

I sleep in the same room as the wifi router, turned off, 1hour sync, ???, ???

2016-01-06 19.22.20.jpg
2016-01-06 19.22.30.jpg
2016-01-06 19.23.16.jpg
2016-01-06 19.23.34.jpg
Mail sync set to every hour.
2016-01-06 19.27.23.jpg
2016-01-06 19.36.52.jpg
auto brightness is on as well, not that it matters

In case its not obvious It was recently charged to 100% before going to sleep and around 60% when I woke up 7-9 hours after

and after going to sleep they all obviously did not help, not in a single bit

2016-01-07 16.29.41.jpg
2016-01-07 16.28.59.jpg
2016-01-07 16.29.08.jpg
2016-01-07 16.29.12.jpg

So yeah Im still waiting for something helpful instead of stock answers, thanks!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
A bad signal will eat your battery up fast, very fast.

There is a long battery thread on the Note 5 forum, same things really apply. There are also some things you can do to find out exactly what is using so much battery and those things are in that thread. You have to read that thread though, there really isn't aby question that hasn't been answered in that thread.

Your Android System is high and that is hard to diagnose.

Who is your carrier?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
This has nothing to do with a bad signal. Poor network signal on a phone connected to Wifi overnight will not drain your battery.

This has everything to do with the phone never going into deep sleep because a wakelock is keeping the CPU awake. There is an Android task or service running causing this. Without a lot of work, factory resets help. But it;s a matter of finding that service and addressing it.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
What you might try is uninstalling updates from Google play services and then updating it again. You will have to temporarily remove Android device manager as a phone administrator before you can do this. Something in your android system is keeping your phone awake, and this could be a culprit. Otherwise a cache partition wipe could also help.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This has nothing to do with a bad signal. Poor network signal on a phone connected to Wifi overnight will not drain your battery.

This has everything to do with the phone never going into deep sleep because a wakelock is keeping the CPU awake. There is an Android task or service running causing this. Without a lot of work, factory resets help. But it;s a matter of finding that service and addressing it.

The first screenshot had a horrible phone signal.

Also the carrier could be an issue as many Verizon customers have a high drain while on Wifi.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The first screenshot had a horrible phone signal.

Also the carrier could be an issue as many Verizon customers have a high drain while on Wifi.

I see the signal but according to the stats it is not a signal/radio problem. Looks like an Android system service or some other app being lumped in there. The phone is not going into deep sleep at all. You can be on a low roaming signal and not have hardly any drain since your WiFi connection is stable and plentiful.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the carrier. When I was on AT&T and the same issues because there was no WiFi calling, it drained my battery just the same. The drain was horrible, WiFi or not. It was constantly pinging location and towers.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Depends on the carrier. When I was on AT&T and the same issues because there was no WiFi calling, it drained my battery just the same. The drain was horrible, WiFi or not. It was constantly pinging location and towers.
Correct. Being on WiFi does not matter. WiFi is used for data only unless you are able to use WiFi calling. Otherwise your device still searches for a signal for calls and sms/mms.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen the Android System that high before. But have you changed SD Cards recently? I've had one go bad and it turns out the Android System is trying to scan and read it constantly, which causes excessesive battery drain, overheating, lag, etc. Try doing a factory rest, and don't restore anything, set it up as a new device without the SD Card (or try a new one) and let the phone adjust for a night while you're sleeping. Then report back. I hope this helps. Cause that is some insane battery drain.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen the Android System that high before. But have you changed SD Cards recently? I've had one go bad and it turns out the Android System is trying to scan and read it constantly, which causes excessesive battery drain, overheating, lag, etc. Try doing a factory rest, and don't restore anything, set it up as a new device without the SD Card (or try a new one) and let the phone adjust for a night while you're sleeping. Then report back. I hope this helps. Cause that is some insane battery drain.

Mine has been higher than that before on a phone.. There was a problem of course.

Psssst.. S6 doesn't have an SD card 😉

I would run it in safe mode first and see if it is still high. Android System is hard to figure out, so much is dumped in there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown