face tagging

kevan1700

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
i recently acquired my second s6 and i dont see an option for face photo tagging. in fact, there dont seem to be any gallery settings at all. this wasnt a problem on the first s6 i had.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Must have been something that got stripped off on the newest update... That feature has been nixed on most newer Samsung phones, so if the S6 got an update to 'the new TouchWiz', it's probably gone.

kevan1700

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
smh. that was a feature i used quite frequently. starting to wonder if i shouldve gone with an iphone since samsung seems to keep REMOVING features

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You have the same feature available if you use Google Photos (and then some, as you can quickly find pictures of things like dogs, cats, specific places or monuments, etc.).

Also, the face tagging option was removed from the stock Samsung Gallery but the recognition wasn't. You should be able to sort your pictures by 'face' if you go to your Gallery and select the CATEGORIES view. There you should be see a PEOPLE category. You should see some other automagically-recognized categories as well.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
i think you have to have face detection enabled when you take the picture in order for the gallery to read that image info and sort the pictures by face in to a peoples category

kevan1700

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
i dont see that as an option either. i see that when i look at picture details, that some of the pictures are listed as being in a people category but its not an option anywhere else

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12