Dreaded battery drain back after 4months!

Yaz_Android

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

So after months and months of joy with no issues on battery drain (I cant post a link to my previous thread i need 10posts I have only 8! :( )
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ery-s6-wifi-signal-very-poor-please-help.html

last week outta the blue i noticed my battery starting to drain significantly throughout the day and night. I have all the usual settings up and running including doze..

GSAM shows the following - any ideas? I have not changed anything, cant think of any apps I have downloaded in the last 2 weeks so what has happened to cause this damn battery drain. GSAM shows screen is draining huge amounts but again I haven't changed any settings - well I tried changing from Adapative Display to AMOLED Photo this morning in the hope this would save a few percent but to no joy.. Any help would be appreciated folks..

Ive attempted to post some pics of GSAM but I need 10posts and looks like I only have 8..May need to send a few bumps O:)
Screenshot_2016-01-13-08-42-00[1].jpgScreenshot_2016-01-13-08-41-56[1].jpgScreenshot_2016-01-10-10-32-14[1].jpg

jr866gooner

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Some app is stopping your device from either going into deep sleep or somehow keeping the screen active.. very odd. Installed anything recently that could have triggered this?

Yaz_Android

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Some app is stopping your device from either going into deep sleep or somehow keeping the screen active.. very odd. Installed anything recently that could have triggered this?

Installed nothing for months which is why its so baffling!? Is there any way i can find out what it is thats draining the battery so bad - it's literally draining a few percent every few minutes whether in use or not.

Yaz_Android

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
If nothing helps.... hard reset.. After 4 months of not having any problems there is something you changed or installed....

Hmm factory reset is last resort really, I loathe having to set up all the folders and apps etc up again. I seriously dont have a clue what I changed - i certainly dont recall downloading / upgrading anything.

Yaz_Android

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Ive tried wiping cache to no avail..just cant figure out which app or whatever is draining battery so much..its constantly on charge now a full battery drains within 3 4 hrs :( is there anyway to identify the culprit??

Posted via the Android Central App

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Check to see what apps have been updated recently. That might be your problem. It has happened to me. Luckily my phone is rooted and I just rolled back the bugged app.

Yaz_Android

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Check to see what apps have been updated recently. That might be your problem. It has happened to me. Luckily my phone is rooted and I just rolled back the bugged app.

I read this somewhere else aswell and within playstore had a quick look at installed / updated apps. uninstalled those I dont use much and updated Doze aswell which I'm hoping will be helping in the background. Will report back

Yaz_Android

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Just thought id post to say the issue remains the same :( it seems a few others have reported similar problems starting a few weeks ago - guess were in for a wait till 6.0 is released!

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I recently made a difference on my S6 by removing Twitter, Facebook, and Gas Buddy apps and replacing them with Chrome shortcuts.

whiteshoez

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue as the OP and I can't figure out what is causing it. It is extremely frustrating that my device has become borderline unusable.

EDIT: Can't post the screens I want to. I'm new at this.

Attachments

• 4223.jpg
    4223.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 47

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue as the OP and I can't figure out what is causing it. It is extremely frustrating that my device has become borderline unusable.

EDIT: Can't post the screens I want to. I'm new at this.

It seems that you have bad network coverage. Try using diffrent carier that has good network coverage in your area.
Bad network coverage drains your battery fast.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Yaz_Android

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Is there absolutely no way to find out which app is keeping phone awake?? Asking before i have to resort to factory reset :( android = never again!