Find my mobile

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I track my woman to make sure she don't have any problems in the big city of Houston.
On find my Samsung is used to have layers.
You could use street view, terrain view, or satellite view.
The layers view is gone.
Now you just get street names.
What happened. Did I turn something off,
Or did Samsung or Google disable it

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how it was before, but Find My Mobile is a service provided by Samsung, so if anything changed, it was on their end. I'm seeing what you're seeing: Only street map, no terrain or satellite.

HOWEVER, I did notice that Samsung is using HERE Maps to display the location in Find My Mobile. I don't know if the other views are an option with HERE or maybe before Samsung was using Google Maps to display the location and now they switched to HERE.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Talked to Samsung Today. They said for some reason the upper folks removed that feature.
I was about to scream at them.

1-888-987-4357 Samsung.
Was also trying to ask them that they keep taking things away from us.
They removed the SD card
" removed the removable battery
They removed the Infra Red blaster
Not they removed the satellite view of find my mobile.

Meanwhile I paid 740.00 for a 64 Gb phone and I just lost another feature.
Why didn't they just make a Iphone.

They said I need to take to the people higher up than the Reps.
I was on hold and lost connection.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately some of these decisions are made based on market needs and believe it or not, surveys and usage data. Features that don't make the cut into new iterations were either too buggy or not used enough to justify costs. On commercial applications, map providers get a cut for displaying their information in someone else's page (in this case, HERE maps into Samsung's Find My Mobile). I assume street view is less expensive than offering all layers, and if their usage stats show that more users just use street view, then it makes financial sense to remove the feature, even if it may seem like a bad move to some.

SD card was removed because Android was moving that way, until they didn't and re-added full support in Marshmallow (plus, SD cards are highly unreliable and too slow compared to internal memory). Battery was sacrificed in lieu of thinness, and that was mostly a business move. I, for once, haven't missed either. Never really needed an SD card (and now that media backups are free in Google Photos, even less) and my Note 5 makes it through the day on a single charge (if it doesn't, I always seem to have a charger around and quickly charge at least 50% in a few minutes). For those vacation days of taking a lot of pictures/video, it's easier/cheaper to get a portable battery pack than getting a new phone battery.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
People used the SD card to transfer things from their phone and other devices.
We keep having the phones to increase in price. And Samsung keeps having people to complain about the things they are losing.
Meanwhile Samsung sales are sagging. Wonder why.
Samsung lost money because they took away features that people liked. And they tried to make their phone more Like a Iphone
They lost their roots doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol