S6 headset media control problem

Fusionn

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys and first of all sorry if i post wrong now but i am new here. Okay the problem is that last week i used my headset and media controlls and stuff worked fine. Later that week think it was on Monday maybe Tuesday plugged in my headset got a call answered it but my friend could not hear me at all but i heard him. Okay took out the headset and then suddenly he could hear me plugged in headset again he could not hear me but he can if i plug it out.

I have handled the headset with care but i did not care about the problem at that day so next day listened on spotify and there i relised the media controls on the headset did not work neither pause or lower or rise the volym. Checked around in the settings could not see any changes at all. Took a paperclip and cleaned the 3,5m jack did not even help but thing is the headset works but not the media control or the microphone in it. Live in sweden and these last days has been like -15 to -20C can it have been damaged by the cold or has something else happened with it anyway to repair or fix it? Otherwise i need to look for a new headset

EDIT: Sorry for a bad english guys n girls

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried the headset on another device to see if the mic and the volume controls work there? If not, then the headphones are the problem. Hard to say if it's just the plug or the hardware within the headphones themselves.

If the headphones work fine in another device, then something may have been damaged in your phone's jack. I'm not aware of extreme cold causing that kind of damage (unless it caused some bit of hardware to break apart due to being so cold.

Saw absolutely no problems with your English, by the way.:)

Fusionn

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey again tryed the headset on my Xperia Z1 that is a bit damaged after a while i managed to connect the headset and the volym buttons worked and paus skip track etc. Re connect headset to my phone did not work so i tryed my sony theadset the one for my PS4 and connected it into my samsung made a phone call and it worked to talk my friend cold hear me.

So can it be something with my phone jack in my Samsung S6 or something with the headset? Because if i connect samsung headset to the phone i get a notification about headset is connected.

EDIT 1: Okay tryed one more thing with the headset after i connected it i kept push it straight in with one hand and tryed media controll with my secound hand and it worked. If i released my hand from the headset jack it did not work anymore so i need to push it with one hand to get the headset to work fully.

EDIT 2: I got it work fully now after i connected the headset i kept push forward meanwhile i screwed it at one direction and it works fine now

EDIT 3: If i lay down the phone i need to re screw again

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like it has to do with how snug the connection is. For some reason, the plug isn't seating fully in the jack, so that unless you keep pushing it in, it wants to come out just a little. This causes the areas on the plug responsible for the volume control and mic to lose contact with the corresponding areas on the jack.

In addition, there might be a slight difference in the jack's configuration, compared to the Sony phone's jack. Or it might be due to a slight difference in the headphone plug's configuration.

When you push the plug into the jack, do you hear or feel it click into place?

Fusionn

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
It sounds like it has to do with how snug the connection is. For some reason, the plug isn't seating fully in the jack, so that unless you keep pushing it in, it wants to come out just a little. This causes the areas on the plug responsible for the volume control and mic to lose contact with the corresponding areas on the jack.

In addition, there might be a slight difference in the jack's configuration, compared to the Sony phone's jack. Or it might be due to a slight difference in the headphone plug's configuration.

When you push the plug into the jack, do you hear or feel it click into place?

Yes I hear the click sound I tried again for a few hours ago but this time ain't working tried to screw the headphone connector both right and left seems it has died. But the Playstation 4 headset with just one in ear works like a sharm.

When I tried the Samsung headset on my z1 took a while before it connected since my brother borrowed z1 he damaged the phone a lot. So the 3,5mm jack is also probably damage on the z1. But the volume buttons worked on the z1.

Gonna try my headset on my moms galaxy s3 mini tomorrow and my headset in my friend s6 edge. And gonna try he's headset and see I'd it's the jack hole in my phone that's the problem. Thanks again sorry for late answer

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca