Why does S Planner delete past events on my Samsung S6? How can I stop it?

A

AC Question

I am using S Planner on a Samsung Galaxy S6 synched with Microsoft Outlook on a Surface Pro. The historical events are retained on my Outlook calendar on the Surface Pro but they are deleted after 14 days on my Samsung. This is very frustrating as I frequently want to check the detail of an event or meeting I had earlier in the month or in previous months and I cannot do it on my phone. Please Help !!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Check the settings to make sure that the events are not deleting. Also, make sure you are not deleting the event's on other devices synced to the same account.

Miller6386

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Since you are syncing calendar from outlook you will need to see how far back you have S planner set to sync, along with Google, calendar and possibly something in Samsung calendar. One of them will be set to only sync back 14 days. That is what is removing the dates from showing in S planner

Whacker2

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I apologise if my reply came across as being rude. It was never my intention to be rude. I am merely expressing my personal frustration at not being able to solve a problem that is annoying me.
Your reply amounts to a tautology - is just describes the problem I have. Can you tell me how to change the settings that are affecting the length of time that S planner retains dates? I have looked at all of the settings on my phone and on my Surface Pro and I cannot find anything that allows me to change that setting. I would appreciate any help you can give me with this.
With good wishes - friendly greetings - acknowledgement of my own ignorance and stupidity and appreciation of other's superior knowledge in these matters. :)

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Try one of the free calender apps in the playstore. Personally I use Business calendar Pro to sync with Outlook on my Pc. I do recall that in the original setup phase of Splanner I was specifically asked to input "retention" period on the tab 2. I cannot recall what issue I had with Splanner in 2012 to make me change to BCP. May have been not being able to send invitations to contact groups

Whacker2

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your suggestion Bosbouer. I will try it - I note there are a lot of negative reviews about BC Pro in the app store. Have you had any bad experiences with it?

Lion007598

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi...I've got an S7 edge...great phone except for the very annoying problem you have (had?). I sync with google calendar on my PC. All entries are there, on my PC, since 2010. ALL have been sync'd to my ipad/iphone with no problem-so it can't be a sync issue. But I can only get 12 months of entries on my galaxy s7 edge. Did you manage to get a fix. I've done all the obvious 'fixes' on the phone-deleted a reinstalled my google account, factory reset etc etc but nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

jhorlyck

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I have an Samsung Tab S2 - Android 7.0 - where I cannot syncronize old calendar entries.
I also have an Sony Xperia compact - Android 7.1 - where I can syncronize old calendar entries.
My calendar is on outlook.com and the web calendar shows entries years back.
The difference between my two Android devises are in the "settings -> account -> Exchange Active Sync".
On the Sony phone there are a number of settings, which do not appear on my Samsung tablet.
One of these is "syncronizing period for previous entries". With several options like 6 month back or 1 month back.
I do not know, why the two devices have different settings.
Anyone have an idea?

pwest1

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Is there anybody out there who can provide an answer to this question?

If anyone is still looking how to fix this I just worked it out.
You have to go to your email app
Settings
Hit the email account your events are saved to
Scroll down to 'Period to sync calendar' mine was automatically on 2 weeks
Change it to all calendar
Close calendar app and open again
HUZZAH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay