How do I reset my forgotten fingerprint backup password?

A

AC Question

How to reset my forgotten fingerprint backup password

I have a Samsung galaxyS6 and use a pattern as my unlock screen so I am therefore able to access my phone although I still use the fingerprint option for some app on my phone such as private mode. The finger scanner does not recognize my finger and keeps asking for my backup password which I can no longer remember.. How can I reset the backup password for my fingerprint?

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to reset my forgotten fingerprint backup password

If you created a Samsung account you can unlock it through the Samsung website but an easier way is to keep putting the wrong backup password until it asks for the Google account associated with Google Play and its password. Hope this helps! Worked for me!

Posted via the Android Central App

Turkisak

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Dear

Thank you for your suggested solution. I have a similar case . I am able to use my finger print but I forgot my alternative password. my device (Note 5) now is unlocked and I tried to change or remove the finger prints from setting but it keeps asking me about the alternative password. How can solve this please

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Dear

Thank you for your suggested solution. I have a similar case . I am able to use my finger print but I forgot my alternative password. my device (Note 5) now is unlocked and I tried to change or remove the finger prints from setting but it keeps asking me about the alternative password. How can solve this please

I'd call tech.support for help ...
Last time I got locked out and the Verizon tech walked me through to reset my password from Google acct ..