Circular Phone Icon

Erebus_Incarnate

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I have no idea where it came from, but the white circle icon at the top of my screen appeared this morning. Whenever I tap it, my entire screen freezes with the exception of a tiny sliver at the top. I need to reboot my phone whenever I tap it by accident. How do I get rid of it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-07-16-57-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-07-16-57-07.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 57

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, welcome to the forums! That icon is for the Peel Smart Remote app and has been giving problems to many users. Search for it in your app manager and disable it.

jennifer fuentes

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I had the same thig happen to my phone and what I did is open the app manager and cleared the data and also the cache then i disabled it and like magic it went away!!! Good luck!!! Just look for the app called peel smart remote control. Thanks hope this works for you! Have a great day and good luck!!! The pain in the **** icon is gone for now and I hope it never comes back!!! At least now we know how to get rid of it!

jennifer fuentes

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey thenecid,

I just went to my apps and found the peel smart remote control and cleared the cache and then i disabled it and like magic the icon was gone! Hope this will work for you also and I also hope that it stays away and never returns because where it would pop up was in very unconveint places on my phone and I am guessing it does on your phone also? Good luck and I hope what I did works for you also! Have a great day! Sorry for the spelling! Lol!