No longer receiving application notifications.

Moriendi

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
About a month or so ago, I stopped receiving application notifications on my phone. This issue applies to Twitter, Tumblr, Skype, and even my Outlook email application. It is only when I physically Skype or my email application that I receive notifications.

I've done a Google search and found others with this issue, although their issue was never resolved in spite of the advice they took from fellow forumers. I even tried the advice out myself, but to no avail. "Show Notifications" was checked on, do not disturb was turned off, no background data is restricted, wiped cache partition, and have tried a factory reset. Not even turning sync on and off impacted receiving notifications, as I've always been able to receive them with sync turned off.

I would prefer help from a person who has had this issue; what did you do to fix it? Or does it still persist with you?

(If it's relevant, my carrier is AT&T)

Moriendi

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Are you using an app such as Light Flow or similar? Some of these seem to mess with notifications.

No. I do not have that or any similar application installed on my device. In fact - besides uninstalling and reinstalling the affected applications - I haven't installed any new applications on my device prior to experiencing this issue.

Any other suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech