Galaxy S7 - Anyone Upgrading from S6?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Given the rumors, the S7 is shaping up to be what I would say is the S6 perfected. Anyone here thinking of upgrading?

Here is a rumor roundup: Samsung Galaxy S7 rumor roundup: what to expect from Unpacked | Pocketnow

But the gist is:

-Snapdragon 820
-4GB of RAM
-micro SD expandable option
-12 MP camera, which is lower, but there's supposed to be better lens in there for low light.
-larger battery, 3000mah
-waterproofing
-even more software improvements and optimizations to Touchwiz.
-possibly a force-sensitive screen

and more.

Anyone going for it?

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I love my GS6. Like millions of users the GS6 is perfect for day to day use, both personal and business. I think after the 7's release people will look back and think fondly of the GS6. So, AFAIK no.

Be careful what you wish for on the force touch screen. Apple's product is far from problem free. It's unlikely that Samsung is much further ahead on providing a better experience in that area. I'd say that technology is still "under development".

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been a bit out of the loop, but...

Even though I'm a little perturbed by the weak battery, I'm still very much content after 1 year.

Second.....
Why the Snapdragon instead of an Exynos for the new model?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I think the S7 will be the best phone samsung will ever come out with.

With the S6, people were still left dissatisfied (you know how people are). With the marshmallow update looking smoother than lollipop. And the battery life improving a ton. The S7 will be a nearly perfect phone! Of course the camera would be better. And with the new display technology it will be feature packed.

I think the S7 will be the phone everybody will want to buy!

Posted via the Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally I don't have a compelling reason to upgrade from my S6 to the new S7. The only thing that bothers me with my S6 is the battery life (which I've resolved by using a wireless charger at work), and I'm hoping the impending Marshmallow update will help with increasing battery life. But, I'm on AT&T's NEXT upgrade program so I might upgrade to the S7 in 6 months or so if the device looks too good to resist!

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Like a lot of folks, I am on an every-other-year schedule of upgrade eligibility. Looks like I'm stuck in the even-number pattern, S4, S6, and S8. The S7 will likely be wondrous, then they'll improve further for the S8. The S8 will have a better screen, better camera, faster network, better battery, faster processors, more memory, solar charging, and a force-field so you won't need a case.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I think by the time I upgrade I will be going to the Note 6.
I love my S6, but after playing around with my aunts note, and for the job I do, I think the Note is a better option for me.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I think by the time I upgrade I will be going to the Note 6.
I love my S6, but after playing around with my aunts note, and for the job I do, I think the Note is a better option for me.

I agree - the Note is worth considering for the S6 owners, particularly since Samsung has solved the backward pen issue!

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
The S7 looks like it's going to fix all weaknesses of the S6. Still, I'm OK with just 32GB of storage and the battery makes it to the end of the day for me so I doubt I'll be upgrading.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
The S7 looks like it's going to fix all weaknesses of the S6. Still, I'm OK with just 32GB of storage and the battery makes it to the end of the day for me so I doubt I'll be upgrading.

Human nature is to find fault with anything, plus there is no such thing as perfect. The S7 will be wonderful, but there will be bugs/glitches and detractors/complainers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2