How is battery life on the Galaxy S6 for heavy users?

LeoGirl98

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello S6 users please help me out! Quite a long question but plz do read n answer.
I just want to know that if I buy galaxy s6 (am a heavy user) how many hrs will my battery last throughout the day.I usually use IG,FB,Whatsapp,Selfies.. will this phone get hot?
Ive been using iPhone5 and I had to charge it thrice a day :(.my friend has galaxy j5 (2600 mAh) and gs6 is 2550mAh.We took alot of photos at an event and at the day her battery % was 56%.. I am afraid if I buy and then I dont want to regret if battery will drain too fast..dont want to waste my valuable money :( help plz.
TIA.

zincloid

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
re:

I have a galaxy s6 att version. I love the phone and android is freedom :). But if you are a heavy user galaxy s6 is not a good choice even after tweaking or changing the settings. If you are willing to carry an external battery pack, then you should definitely get galaxy s6.
If I use heavily, like watching video, using bluetooth, FB, whatsapp and web browsing, the battery really drains fast :'(. I am hoping to have galaxy s7 will not have this battery issue.

You can wait for galaxy s7 launch, it not too far away from launching.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
re:

Battery life is abysmal. Off the charger it says I get @10 hours. Charge it overnight, at noon and top off in the pm to last me through the evening (get home @5:30 with about 35%). Sot is 2-2.5 hours. If I were you, I'd wait for the S7 which is rummored to have 3000mah or the S7 edge with 3700mah (or is it 3500?)

Posted via the Android Central App

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The battery life sucks. But it charges so fast with the quick charger that it doesn't really bother me. If I'm working, it will easily last me all day but if I use it a lot, it had to be charged during the day.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have tried every tip and recommendation to save battery but I agree that it is terrible. Sure it's fine if you are at a desk and the quick charge is great. It really suffers when I am travelling and I am constantly worried about running out of power. I have a battery pack but to me it's a pain to have to use it.

I get about 10 hours off the charger with light to moderate use and between 2-3 hours screen time.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I usually get a 10 hour day with medium usage (3:30 to 4:00 of SoT)

But what I consider "Heavy" use. I usually kill the battery in 5 hours (YouTube, Instagram, Web Browsing, TV show watching, changing my theme and icons) with around 5:00 of SoT.

BUT! I usually go straight home after work (from 11am to 6pm) because I am full of dust so I have around 40%-50% when I get home and about the time I get out of the shower and get dressed my phones back at 100% so it chargers REALLY quickly.

I mean you could charge the phone from 0 to 50% in 22 minutes or something like that it's crazy

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I get thru the day just fine with between 3.5 to 5.0 SOT. My SOT is not watching vids tho. This is not a good battery for the very heavy users. I'd advise you to look elsewhere. We all have certain requirements in our devices. Battery is up there for me but not the top. Sounds like battery is top for you. This close to the S7, I'd def wait and maybe consider that device.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The Galaxy S6 has a 2550mAh battery. Pair that with a 1440p display and that's a recipe for pretty poor battery life.

The 14nm Exynos 7420 is pretty efficient, however, which helps it attain better battery life than you'd expect from a phone with a really power-hungry display and a small battery, but the truth is that heavy users will need to bring along a quick-charging battery bank to make it last a day since it can't last all-day on it's own under heavy use.

The same applies to a lot of phones out there, however, but the S6 suffers from it the most primarily due to the small battery. In lighter use cases, it can last a day, but only if you're frugal.

I'd wait for the S7 since it is rumored to bring in a much-needed large battery.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Since you're a heavy user I'd say stay away from the s6. The battery won't be good for heavy use, however, it's okay if you're a light - moderate user.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Until recently when I began using the Mophie External Battery, my battery life was horrible. I'd be charging my phone at work, in he car, at home or wherever I was. With the Mophie External Battery, I still am charging but not as much as I use to.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ever since 5.1.1 update my battery life has sucked big time. Before that I was very happy with it. Great phone but let's hope the next update fixes this disastrous battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs