How to potentially free a huge amount of space on your phone

markwasley

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi.

I was randomly checking some settings on my phone to make sure everything was in good order when I noticed that under 'Settings', in the 'Storage' section, 'Miscellaneous files' was taking up a whopping 13 GB of space on my phone! :-o Outraged, I immediately clicked on 'Miscellaneous files' to see if I could delete them. It turns I couldn't (they are hidden). All I could see was about 8 piddling files that amounted to not much data use at all. Deleting them would accomplish nothing. So I Googled the problem. The URL link to the best solution is posted here - it certainly worked for me and now I have a comfortable 17 GB of available space on my S6. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS6/comments/3pzsbi/48gb_in_miscellaneous_files_that_i_cant_delete/

This is the solution: "FIX: In case people come here wondering what I did to fix this, I used DiskUsage to figure out what was taking up so much space and it was the "data" folder in the "Android" folder. Deleted that sucker and freed up 34 damn GB." Please note - DON'T DELETE THE DATA FOLDER ITSELF, JUST ITS CONTENTS. If you do that you'll be safe and you can just nuke the so-called 'data' in "data".

Cheers,
Mark.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I found that it was mostly due to Spotify music that has been enabled for Offline access. You can't even find them in the hidden files. The only way I could figure out how to clear it was to uninstall Spotify. I then reinstalled Spotify and the Misc was cleared down to a couple hundred MB.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital