Contacts on locked screen

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I am curious as to how a few of the contacts are showing up on the lock screen and is there a way to change the ones that are listed?

Originally I thought is was the last few used but that doesn't seem to be the case

Thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Rick

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
They might be contacts added as emergency contacts. If so, you should be able to change the list in Safety Assistance > Manage Emergency Contacts (note this is what's it called in Kitkat... LP might be called something else).

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update, I will look into that as well. Seems like it turned out to be the SimplyText app that allows for 3 contacts on the lock screen if enabled.

Rick

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting. Android rarely allows apps or widgets to access the lock screen. I'm kind of surprised Simply Text has access. What kind of lock screen are you using? It's it a "secure" lock screen (pin, fingerprint, etc), or swipe?

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, ST has an option in settings/smartertexter then anable smarttexter and display icon

I use the fingerprint for locked screen

It doesn't seem to update to the 3 most recent as it claims but 2 out of the 3 are ones I text most often so it's a win for me

When you power on, select one of the names then fingerprint logon, it takes you straight to ST for a direct text

Have fun
Rick

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh, ok. I was thinking you could text while your screen was locked. Since you have to unlock before texting, I guess it's just a shortcut for an action after the screen gets unlocked. Thanks!

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually, in settings is "Quick Reply" which will allow you to send a text even before the screen is unlocked. Works pretty good, it's not just a link to the app once the screen is unlocked

Rick

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
the reason I stumbled onto ST is I was looking for an app to text from my computer and MightText extension in Chrome is the other half of ST on Android. Works great to text from my PC at work w/o having to take out my phone all the time

Enjoy
Rick

SteveMAW

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, ST has an option in settings/smartertexter then anable smarttexter and display icon

I use the fingerprint for locked screen

It doesn't seem to update to the 3 most recent as it claims but 2 out of the 3 are ones I text most often so it's a win for me

When you power on, select one of the names then fingerprint logon, it takes you straight to ST for a direct text

Have fun
Rick

I spent 2 days trying to figure out how to remove this!! Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2