Error message during Hard Reset

MetalKore

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
S6 - G920A 64gb 5.1.1 on AT&T
By habit, I will usually do a Soft Reset once a week on my phone - no issues. Sometimes battery drain increases and I experience lag, so I will do a Hard Reset (vol. up + power +home). After the Samsung logo goes off, the little green guy says "Installing Update" - however I do not have an update to install. THEN, the message says "Update Failed", but continues to the System Recovery Screen. After I wipe the cache and reboot the system, I get another odd message. On the lock screen, at the bottom, a bubble pops up saying "Failed to load the network. Try checking your connections.", and then a normal message pops up "Auto update of time and date." and everything 'seems' normal.

Might I have an issue with my phone, because of the "failed update" message I get? I am unable to capture a screenshot of this message.)

Thanks in advance...

MetalKore

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I will most likely do that tonight. The same "Update Failed" message has appeared the past 4 times after a hard reset (over 5-6 weeks).

MetalKore

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re-visit...

I have not had an opportunity to do a factory reset yet. I now have another issue that is making a factory reset seem to be my only option. i consider myself a light user - SoT RARELY shows up on battery usage. Mostly Google Services and Android System things. I do have a Gear S2 connected during the day, and i use my quick settings to switch on/off Wi-Fi & Bluetooth when needed. Screen brightness is at 20-25% (which i have become very accustom to); I will turn on auto brightness when outside if needed. I am on Facebook and/or Instagam for maybe 10 minutes a night (but not every night). I will go to Application Manager to stop any apps that are not currently being used, to help with battery life. Maybe a total of 3 hours during the week will i use Google Music. Honestly, rarely do i use my phone as a "phone". My battery life has now become unacceptable. Full charge every night, and a top up on Qi charger during the day (if needed). I explored the disabling Facebook app to help with my battery. I'm on AT&T so not able to uninstall. My battery is now worse than ever! no difference in usage pattern, and in need to plug in by 2pm daily for 4 days now. I've done a Hard reset and Wiped Cache Partition. No help.

I started 'smartphones' with the first iPhone thru iPhone 5s - Went to a Lumia 1520 for a bit over a year, and just could not get used to it - I decided to go Android & Galaxy S6 last fall. I love the customization, and the Galaxy phone. A steep learning curve for me having switched from 2 other operating systems fairly quickly. I grew to love this phone, and accepted the less than stellar battery performance - I was a LIGHT user anyway, so it has not affected me until the past 4 days.

I am at the point now of preparing to do a Factory Reset (admittedly nervous), AND, even considering paying off this phone & getting S7 or Note 5 - OR switching carriers. I am truly at a loss as to what I should do. Even though I mainly text, and use Keep for notes etc., I cannot accept having to fully charge twice a day.

At this point, I am probably rambling, but I would like honest advice (maybe hand-holding for a factory reset). If you have made it this far through my post, please offer some encouraging advice - or tell me to STFU - I am serious in considering getting a 'loan' and paying this phone off and getting something new. Obviously i am past the factory return time. Anyway, constructive advice please...

Thank you for getting through this monstrosity of a post, I genuinely appreciate the help i find on Android Central.

Brian
\m/ Keep It Metal

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
if clearing cache did not help then i think it must be an app draining the battery if you have not changed your usage pattern. if you have the patience to try and uninstall/disable apps do it. if not maybe you should do the factory reset. it will probably also solve your update failed error thing.
i have had my s6 for about 6 months and after i did a clear cache last month my battery usage went back to normal.

MetalKore

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
if clearing cache did not help then i think it must be an app draining the battery if you have not changed your usage pattern. if you have the patience to try and uninstall/disable apps do it. if not maybe you should do the factory reset. it will probably also solve your update failed error thing.
i have had my s6 for about 6 months and after i did a clear cache last month my battery usage went back to normal.

I did find a couple of apps running wild. The Yahoo app (not mail, sports or weather) showed up with 17% usage overnight - WTF?! I also found some preloaded apps that I had forgotten to disable. Battery seems to be doing better, for 2 days now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta