H+ vs Lte

Rockdwg

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
So I have a galaxy s6 on Cricket wireless network (At & t) and it always seems to use h or h+ in my area ( Rapid city, South Dakota). Occasionally it will use lte, why does it always default to the slow speeds. I am on a pro plan which is supposed to get 10gb of high speed data before down grading. Is there away to lock it in to lte on my phone?

Thanks for your time
Rockdwg

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on the network coverage. If the area you're in has a better signal for H+ than for LTE, your phone will make the smart choice and stay where it's more reliable.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Id recommend finding someone with a branded ATT android device and see if they get LTE and double check the APN settings.

Rockdwg

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks, guess I did forget to mention my galaxy s6 is a Verizon version I took it to cricket wireless byop option.
Thanks for your time
Rockdwg

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Since it will use LTE on occasion, I assume the APN settings are correct, and it's most likely a coverage issue. Some carriers will offer a free range extender for your home, but if you do have coverage on H+, they probably won't want to do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1