Are you moving on?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I've had my S6 since launch and I still love it today. Sure it's got the small battery and that annoying camera lens hump but I think its a fantastic phone overall.

With that said, I don't like the late software updates and I've grown to appreciate stock Android much more (had nexus 5 earlier, recently got a Moto x play). So for me I'm looking at a bigger screen phone that runs stock Android or close (moto).

Are you moving on this year or sticking it out for a while? Are you a launch owner?

Posted via the Android Central App

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Sticking with my M9 (so far).
And does the S6 lag? I know Samsung had (has?) memory management issues, but the S6 has 3 GB of ram. So I was wondering.

dixie_boysles

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm staying. I see no reason to switch. The new ones look like the current ones with minor changes. My Edge is still doing fantastic though

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Sticking with my M9 (so far).
And does the S6 lag? I know Samsung had (has?) memory management issues, but the S6 has 3 GB of ram. So I was wondering.

I honestly have no lag issues, but I've factory restored multiple times for other reasons. It has memory issues such as lack of apps open at a single time but nothing major in performance. Runs excellent, one of its bigger advantages Imo.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Are you moving on this year or sticking it out for a while? Are you a launch owner?

Sticking it out for a while, and I've had my S6 since launch. I only have a few minor complaints, but most have to do with missing bits of functionality, changes made to apps/features/OS by my carrier. (and AT&T is painfully slow at releasing updates). Next time around I'm going for a pure Android experience on an unlocked phone. Still a great phone though, mine continues to run and perform very well.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Sticking it out for a while, and I've had my S6 since launch. I only have a few minor complaints, but most have to do with missing bits of functionality, changes made to apps/features/OS by my carrier. (and AT&T is painfully slow at releasing updates). Next time around I'm going for a pure Android experience on an unlocked phone. Still a great phone though, mine continues to run and perform very well.

Do you prefer Samsung's os versus stock Android? I definitely find both have their advantages, I currently use Nova as TW is still limited in my opinion.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Had the S6 since launch but picked up a Moto X Pure about a month ago and prefer it. The S6 is an excellent device and does wifi calling on Verizon perfectly which is the one thing I miss not having with the MXPE. Really like the Moto so the S6 has been sent to back up device status. Never had a pure device before and after deciding between the Nexus 6P and the Moto I chose the Moto. Both excellent devices. That said I'd find it difficult to return to a carrier branded device, doubtful I ever will. Pure google has me spoiled now.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Had the S6 since launch but picked up a Moto X Pure about a month ago and prefer it. The S6 is an excellent device and does wifi calling on Verizon perfectly which is the one thing I miss not having with the MXPE. Really like the Moto so the S6 has been sent to back up device status. Never had a pure device before and after deciding between the Nexus 6P and the Moto I chose the Moto. Both excellent devices. That said I'd find it difficult to return to a carrier branded device, doubtful I ever will. Pure google has me spoiled now.

I want a MXPE but could take afford so checked out the play... If I had the chance I'd probably trade but I'm gonna wait to see what moto has this year. I really do love moto os features and stockness. Does the Pure feel as premium as the S6? Play definitely doesn't.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I want a MXPE but could take afford so checked out the play... If I had the chance I'd probably trade but I'm gonna wait to see what moto has this year. I really do love moto os features and stockness. Does the Pure feel as premium as the S6? Play definitely doesn't.

The moto IMO feels very premium with an excellent build quality. I was surprised to read it was considered a less than premium device. Feels better in hand than the 6P to me. Also a tad smaller and better sounding speakers. I prefer LCD to amoled screens anyway. No burn in issues and they look fantastic. It was a tough choice between the 6P AND moto. Moto IMHO has better feel, better speakers, $100 cheaper, more comfy to hold on longer calls, all this tipped to scale for me to moto. Much prefer the feel of the moto over the S6. But that is personal preference. Never cared for the glass back

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Do you prefer Samsung's os versus stock Android? I definitely find both have their advantages, I currently use Nova as TW is still limited in my opinion.

While I do like some of Samsung's tweaks to Android, TouchWiz still feels clunky (if not cumbersome) to me in terms of interface and navigation. I've been delighted with my time on Nova Prime (since last June) -- it's consistently fast and smooth, and a must for we customization freaks. If TW does continue to improve and iron out the finicky glitches I wouldn't be opposed to a future Galaxy or Note (unlocked, no more carrier-branded hassles for me), but it won't be the S7.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The moto IMO feels very premium with an excellent build quality. I was surprised to read it was considered a less than premium device. Feels better in hand than the 6P to me. Also a tad smaller and better sounding speakers. I prefer LCD to amoled screens anyway. No burn in issues and they look fantastic. It was a tough choice between the 6P AND moto. Moto IMHO has better feel, better speakers, $100 cheaper, more comfy to hold on longer calls, all this tipped to scale for me to moto. Much prefer the feel of the moto over the S6. But that is personal preference. Never cared for the glass back

When I compare the S6 to the moto x play display, it's night and day... I would personally take amoled any day but curious to see the MXPE screen. Glad to hear it's been a good experience I'll definitely consider their update for the Pure edition this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles