S6 fell to floor while while charging and now doesn't recognize the charger! What happened?

A

AC Question

S6 fell to floor while while charging and now doesn't recognize the charger!

Hello everyone!

My S6 was charing and it's fallen down. the cable remained in, but after some minutes I noticed that the Phone was off, while I left it On. I turned it on again but when I put the Charing Cable away the phone went off.
Then it hasn't recognize the Charger anymore and said "The dockstation" instead. I put the cable away and then it turned to "recovery mode".
What happend?! Is it a problem of the software or hardware?! Help me please!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: S6 fell to floor while while charging and now doesn't recognize the charger!

Hello everyone!

My S6 was charing and it's fallen down. the cable remained in, but after some minutes I noticed that the Phone was off, while I left it On. I turned it on again but when I put the Charing Cable away the phone went off.
Then it hasn't recognize the Charger anymore and said "The dockstation" instead. I put the cable away and then it turned to "recovery mode".

Welcome to Android Central!

What happens if you try using a different charger?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: S6 fell to floor while while charging and now doesn't recognize the charger!

Hello everyone!

If you didn't have a case on it and it fell on the floor. Well I think that's your answer. I doubt it's the charger. All things point to a phone issue due to damage from hitting the floor.
Order yourself a Wireless Charger, as the S6 has built in wireless charging if another charger doesn't work.
And get yourself a durable case