Why does my volume get randomly turned down when headphones are in?

Dangermouse1972

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
My volume gets randomly turned down when headphones are in.

I plug in headphones on s6 and randomly between a few seconds to an hour later the volume control comes up and turns media down to zero. I have tried multiple different headphones and reset phone to factory settings. Usually also brings up google launcher at the bottom of the screen but not always.

Dangermouse1972

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: My volume gets randomly turned down when headphones are in.

Its usually sitting beside me not in a pocket so shouldnt have that problem

Posted via the Android Central App

SJBBF

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

It happens to me when I use headphones, and usually at the gym or running. The volume slider moves up and down and also Google Now activates. I have to power down to resolve. Yet it works fine if phone not moving. I watch that I don't press buttons... someone in a previous post mentioned moisture sensitivity.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Are you using the stock Music app or something else like Google Play Music, Spotify etc? I've heard of people having similar issues caused by the equaliser settings like Sound Alive and Adapt Sound as they don't play well with the 3rd party apps. Remember the equaliser settings used in the stock Music app are for headphones only and they also apply to Play music and Spotify etc so maybe worth trying to disable those settings

JamesP001

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

It could just be because Samsung turns the volume down after a few hours with headphones. To prevent damaging your ears.

SJBBF

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for replies. The stock music app has no way to disable the equalizer... as far as I can see. And it would be ok if samsung lowered volume after a awhile, but than I could re-adjust. But volume loses all control, along with the phone itself. Very strange.. like I said, only when I in motion (running). I even tried airplane mode, and it still did it.

JamesP001

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for replies. The stock music app has no way to disable the equalizer... as far as I can see. And it would be ok if samsung lowered volume after a awhile, but than I could re-adjust. But volume loses all control, along with the phone itself. Very strange.. like I said, only when I in motion (running). I even tried airplane mode, and it still did it.

If I were you, I'd go to the store with your phone. It could be some faulty wiring....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2