What can be done to have the charging port fixed in my Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

what can be done to have the charging port fixed in my Galaxy S6?

I noticed a problem with my home and car charger immediately after purchasing my Galaxy S6. The phone always seemed to have a problem charging, whether in the car or using the home charger that came with my new phone. I finally found the time to get to the Verizon store last week. I was told that some of the prongs in the phone were either broken or damaged. All they could suggest was to get a refurbished phone. The phone is only 7 months old. My Asurion insurance will cover this BUT I will be charged $149.00 out of pocket. I asked if they could just fix my phone, since it is relatively new and I am paying for the phone monthly on my Verizon account. They said NO. Can someone please help me out. What is the next best thing I could do???? BTW, I did purchase the wireless charger for $59.99 +++ just to be able to charge the phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: what can be done to have the charging port fixed in my Galaxy S6?

Welcome to the forums. I would contact Samsung about this. Your phone should still be under warranty, and they should fix it for free (aside from any shipping).

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You noticed a problem immediately after purchasing the phone and its now 7 months old and your asking them to fix it?
If it was an immediate issue they might have given you a replacement on the spot. After 7 months you have two options. Asurion aka Insurance or Manufacturer warranty. IF the pins are damaged on the bottom Samsung may deny the claim as physical damage since you have used the phone 7 months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar