LTE after upgrading my Galaxy 6 Edge to Lollipop 5.1.1?

clauhirs

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
LTE after upgrading my Galaxy 6 edge to Lollipop 5.1.1

I ran into many problems after upgrading my G925I to 5.1.1 ( fast batttery drain, temperature, speed).
However, I managed to improve performance after upgrading most apps and reducing the quantity to those I really need and use. Nevertheless, I lost complete access to my carrier´s LTE frequency, while with the preceding Lollipop version my 4G access was absolutely perfect in almost every urban location. I tried a number of actions suggested over the phone by my carrier´s customer service. Nothing helped, except the appearance of the 4G sign in a couple of occasions for a few seconds before switching immediately back to 3G.
I initially suspected the carrier had problems with specific antennas, but I checked with my co-workers and friends in many occasions and, in all cases, their phones where receiving a stable LTE signal. My carrier´s service is suggesting I should drop my phone at one of their repair centers. They do not explicitly acknowledge having had this sort of problems happening before. I´m wary of doing so before I hear some good third party explanation of the possible cause of the problem and/or suggestions on how to solve it on my own...if that´s not too difficult or potentially harmful.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: LTE after upgrading my Galaxy 6 edge to Lollipop 5.1.1

I ran into many problems after upgrading my G925I to 5.1.1 ( fast batttery drain, temperature, speed).
However, I managed to improve performance after upgrading most apps and reducing the quantity to those I really need and use. Nevertheless, I lost complete access to my carrier´s LTE frequency, while with the preceding Lollipop version my 4G access was absolutely perfect in almost every urban location. I tried a number of actions suggested over the phone by my carrier´s customer service. Nothing helped, except the appearance of the 4G sign in a couple of occasions for a few seconds before switching immediately back to 3G.
I initially suspected the carrier had problems with specific antennas, but I checked with my co-workers and friends in many occasions and, in all cases, their phones where receiving a stable LTE signal. My carrier´s service is suggesting I should drop my phone at one of their repair centers. They do not explicitly acknowledge having had this sort of problems happening before. I´m wary of doing so before I hear some good third party explanation of the possible cause of the problem and/or suggestions on how to solve it on my own...if that´s not too difficult or potentially harmful.

Not sure where you are located but there was an update put out for 5.1.1 for that exact issue. I am on Telus in Canada, and mine came out in October 2015. I would reach out back to your carrier and see what is going on with that.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams