Does my GS6 edge have a Virus still?

A

AC Question

So I was looking to torrent a song (only do it when there isn't any way to buy it, rare case) and a file downloaded named "Download" and it must have happened when I opened a link. After it happened my phone locked, so I unlocked it and thought everything was fine. Well I go to my downloads to delete it and it's not there... while other programs that show my recent files showed it was still on my device (they also showed the android guy next to the file, I guess showing the file type). I ran a virus scan (AVAST) and it would crash every single time (my guess when it found the file) and restart the phone. Tried to scan about 8 times and each time it crashed, phone also acted a little weird, slow downs and randomly the screen would shut off or freeze.
Was around 2a.m. (I'm a night guy) and I wasn't too worried because I had just done a factory reset about 3 weeks earlier, so I just had to back up 180 pictures (320MB) and 4 videos (4K , 8GB). Not wanting to plug it into my PC I uploaded the files to Dropbox and had to let it upload overnight. Around 10a.m. today I checked it and it was done uploading so I did a Hard Reset. When I powered off and went to the Android Boot Menu to perform a factory reset it said something like "Updating Android", so after it said that I did a Hard Factory Reset and have reset my phone and am copying all my files onto it now.
My question is, why did it say "Updating Android" (something like that) that time and not any other time (that I remember) I've accessed the Boot Menu on other android phones? (I had never used the Boot Menu on my GS6 edge before though)
So basically I just want to make sure it's all good so I can have peace of mind. :)

Oh also Avast gave a warning like threat detected and I clicked resolve and left the site.

micktpower47

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Starting with its recently announced Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge smartphones, Samsung will begin shipping the McAfee VirusScan Mobile security software as an out of the box solution.

To that point, a new McAfee Labs report claims that mobile malware increased by 14% during the final quarter of 2014, while over 8% of all systems have reported some sort of infection since the fourth quarter of 2013. It’s figures like this that lend credence to the claim that mobile is now in need of true desktop-like security measures.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc