How can I get rid of the ads on my home screen permanently

John246980

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Ads keep popping up on my gs6 home screen and I can't figure out how to remove them, they cover the entire screen and the only way to get out of them is to click download or wait for the ad to finish after 5 secs and press skip. Please help soon, I'm getting really tired of these ads and can't find any answers!

Last edited:

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Did you download some apk from the internet besides from the playstore? They might add some adware inside the apk. Uninstall it if you did. If you never did that, try uninstalling 1 by 1 of all apps that you have to see which one removes the ad.

If the ad is still there even if all of your apps are uninstalled, do a factory reset.

Posted with ❤Love❤

John246980

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the help. Yes I did down load a game rom apk but deleted it shortly after and the ads continued to come

Posted via the Android Central App

John246980

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I will try looking for the apk adware in my files and continue deleting apps but would prefer not to factory reset. Please let me know of anything else it might be. And thanks again for all the help

John246980

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Hey, I think I found it there was a survey app pretending to be a android default app In my settings I uninstalled it and just have to wait and see

jck14120

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Per Samsung Galaxy S8+ Support on 9/11/2017.

Tap on SETTINGS>>APPS>>on top right corner you will find 3 dots>>tap on it you and will find RESET APP PREFERENCES option tap on it.

By performing the above steps all the basic issues will be fixed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc