GS6 Marshmallow, Music stream stopping when switching apps?

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is Marshmallow specific, but after yesterday's update both tune in and IHeart radio stop playing when I switch to another app.

I tried a reboot, I'm not in power saving. Not sure if I accidentally flipped a setting that I'm unaware of. They app stays open in my notification bar. Just stops playing. When I tap the notification, the app opens and resumes play. I open another app and it stops again. Any help?

Sprint GS6 Marshmallow

sterferner

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, i've been seeing this problem for other people too, and it seems like it is in the new marshmallow update, cuz my s7 is doing this too. hopefully samsung will fix this asap.

Marie Clarke

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if this is Marshmallow specific, but after yesterday's update both tune in and IHeart radio stop playing when I switch to another app.

I tried a reboot, I'm not in power saving. Not sure if I accidentally flipped a setting that I'm unaware of. They app stays open in my notification bar. Just stops playing. When I tap the notification, the app opens and resumes play. I open another app and it stops again. Any help?

Sprint GS6 Marshmallow

I had the same problem - turned off power saving mode and it seems to be working now.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Weird, this is kinda the opposite for me. Before MM my music apps would stop when doing other stuff after a while (Pandora and spotify) but now after 6.0.1 my phone hasn't quit a streaming app since (well 1 app bits its hella buggy and isn't even on the app store so yeah)

jkshineyman25

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a similar problem but I've had it since lollipop. My music on any app will will play through one whole song but if my phone is turned off I have to wake it back up and open the music app to play to the next song. I've rebooted and cleared the cache with little improvement. Help!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech